Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

About 24 years ago, I bought my ’75 GL. It wasn’t much to look at, but it was a runner. I couldn’t afford an Interstate or Aspencade at that point in time, but my wife wanted the bike dressed out a little more than it was.

Somewhere along the line, maybe in one of the cycle magazines, I saw an ad for a tour set from Accessory Research Engineering, located outside of St. Cloud, MN. It looked better than any other aftermarket tour set I had seen at the time. Cost almost as much as what I paid for the bike, but we had a blast.

I’ve had a couple of people ask me about the setup – what makes it better or different – than other tour sets. Well, here’s the deal….

Here’s the seating and trunk….

Lift up the driver’s seat….

Slide the passenger seat off…

Put the driver’s seat down and slide the trunk forward. Now, it becomes the driver’s backrest…

I don’t have any decent pictures of the bags, but they are detachable. I’ll get a couple of pictures and post them also.

Has anyone seen any other early GL’s with this type of tour pack? If so, I’d sure like to hear about it. In all my years around Wings, I have yet to see another Wing with this setup.

Larry

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Wow, that is quite interesting. I like it. Cleaver at that.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Never seen anything like that over here, very neat!!:clapper:

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
imported post

Neat aftermarket setup, haven't seen anything like it before.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.