Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1985 GL1200 Limited Edition
3,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I think it turned out rather well!! And yes.. I run Dunlop Elite 3's on my bike and I'm sorry but I just can't here any road whine anywhere on this video!!:shock::shock:

Must be the Grand Funk Railroad!!!!:coollep::coollep:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ioCSZdkJf0

I hope you enjoy the video!!!!:cool:

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
imported post

Very nice. Beautiful time of year, good tunes and a great road.

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
imported post

Guy in front looked a little tentative in the corners.

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
imported post

I've watched many videos of that run. Makes me itch to ride it at least once. The problem I have is that if I take my wing I'll wish I was on the British bike. If I take the BSA I'll wish I could try it on the wing. Too bad you didn't have a shot of yourself in that one. You probably had a big grin! Nice video!

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
imported post

ceasefire49 wrote:
Tentative is not bad if you're not used to the road. First time I rode it on the 'wing, I was the same way. Better to be careful that plastered all over the front of a car or on-coming bike.
I remember well coming around one of the corners where the photog's set up for their shots of the riders and having one of them out in the road trying to wave everybody over. Got stopped and found out why when some idiot in a Swift semi came around the next corner taking the entire road and shoulder with him. If I hadn't been paying attention, that would have hurt.
Hard for me to believe they allow semi's on that road.

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
imported post

Nice vid... hope to go one day

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
imported post

Nice video.

I was there from the September 27th through the 30th on my '95 Interstate for the first time. I've ridden The Dragon on VTX three times in the past, but the GL1500 is a totally different animal.

Did you get a chance to ride the Moonshiner's 28? It's a blast and has its share of twisties and sweepers.

·
Deceased 1/2017
1,206 Posts
imported post

That looked like you had fun. Maybe we can hook up next spring and do it together. BTW what kind of video camera did you use?

Liked the starting music of 2001 theme...................that would have been wild to have something similar playing for the whole video.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

Agree. Nice video.

We should get a bunch of us togwthwer and ride it, its a lot of fun, not just the dragon, all the roads around there are fun or scenic.

What camera do you have, an d are you wearing it?

·
Deceased 1/2017
1,206 Posts
imported post

That's a good idea jobe!:claps: I'm in for a spring ride!

·
Premium Member
3,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

ceasefire49 wrote:
Heh... That was my little brother. I guess he forgot to tie some kerosene wrags around his ankles... :cheeky1::cheeky1:

djoyner, yes we did the Moonshiners 28 also and it was also an excellent ride along with the Cherahola Skyway!!

And as far as a meet and greet/ride for a couple of day's, I'm up for it and the Microtel in Robinsville is a VERY nice place to stay!! Just let me know when ya want to meet up!!!

The camera I used is a regular digital camera, a Kodak EasyShare Z1012 IS. I used a small clip to shorten the neck camera strap until the camera was close to my neck and then used a paper towel to help point it downward a bit. I shot a short video, made the nesassary adjustments, and you can see the results!!

One other thing... I think another reason I couldn't hear any noise from my e-3's was the sweet sound of that GL1200 engine I was hearingwhen she was starting to get above 5500rpm!!! :coollep::coollep:I think she wanted some more....:shock::shock::shock:

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

5500 RPMs :shock::shock::shock::shock:

I got mine up to about 4600 and it was killing me to do it but she was loving it, still had a ways to go before the red but just couldn't do it.........

·
Premium Member
3,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

jobe05 wrote:
5500 RPMs :shock::shock::shock::shock:

I got mine up to about 4600 and it was killing me to do it but she was loving it, still had a ways to go before the red but just couldn't do it.........
I was using the engine for braking as much as I could as the front fork springs are a bit weak for that type of ridingbut,,,, as you said, I think she liked it!!:blackstuff::coollep::coollep:

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

Watching the video makes me really wish I'd taken more time coming home and rode the area while I was near instead of just getting home fast over night.

The weather was a bit of concern at the time, turned out to be really nice though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.