Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Birth Announcement !!!!!!! (from a new member)

I just brought home a new 2004 Candy Red Goldwing.

After riding my 1999 Kawasaki Concours (GTR)for almost 100,000 km I decided to go for comfort instead of speed (not that Wings are slow). I haven't ridden a Wing since the 80's so I'm looking forward to the '05 season to see if I get numb butt after a 500mile day.

I have a question... I'm looking at backrests for myself and see the ones you have to cut the seat (God that has to hurt) to insert a bar through. My question "is the seat still waterproof after it has been cut"?

Enjoy the stogies boys,

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Congratulations!! Sorry if the font is green with envy... So am I!:grinner::grinner::grinner::grinner::grinner:

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Hi and welcome to the forum:waving::waving: ,,The utopia backrest (cut the seat job) is really the best ,other wise the older type can make the passenger a little bit unconfortable as his/her legs will be rubbing of the bars ,,there is a video tutorial on this site on how to fit a UTOPIA backrest http://www.goldwingfacts.com/1800Utopiabackrest.htm and yes the saddle is waterproof and stays that way ,,and we should know ,living in probably the one of the wettest climates in the world ...Glad to see you got the fastest colour :clapper::clapper:Ciaran:waving::waving:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey XCLR8N, :waving:Your very welcome to the forum and please visit often. :clapper:Congrats on your new :18red:and may you have many safe (S)miles.:jumper:

The utopia backrest is the best on the market :weightlifter:and i write with authority as i was the first in this little country of ours to have it fitted, :clapper:then all these other cowboys followed, :stumped:but someone has to lead. :grinner:As stated in a previous post thereare very good fitting inst on this web site. :clapper:The most important part of fitting this backrest is, :skipping:Measure as many times as you wish, :baffled: but only cut the once.:whip: It's waterproof if fitted properly. :waving:

:coollep: :18red: :coollep:

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
imported post

Hey pal congratulations on your new bike. I have an 04 dark red wing bought last spring. Since then I have put 31000 km on it (went across Canada) An amazing bike. You will love it.

I see that you are in Penticton. We live in Calgary and have a cottage in Sicamous so we are very familiar with Penticton. Spent many a holiday at the Clarion on the beach. In fact we will be coming down to the Elvis festival this summer in Penticton. So look for my wife and I and my bike. I call her Gordie "The greatest Red Wing ever"

Milt the Biker Boy

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thanks for the tip Redwing.

I have to admit I feel kind of at home here at this site, My last name is Sullivan and I definitely have many unknown relatives in Ireland. My decendants moved from around the Wicklow area5 generations ago. Someday I will do a tour of Ireland and Europe on the Wing.

PS... I vote Redwing as the head "Who-do Voodoo Guru". I can't say anything bad about someone still riding at 80.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

XCLR8N wrote:
Thanks for the tip Redwing.

I have to admit I feel kind of at home here at this site, My last name is Sullivan and I definitely have many unknown relatives in Ireland. My decendants moved from around the Wicklow area5 generations ago. Someday I will do a tour of Ireland on the Wing.

PS... I vote Redwing as the head "Who-do Voodoo Guru". I can't say anything bad about someone still riding at 80.
Hey XCLR8N, :waving:Why would you not feel at home with a name like Sullivan :clapper: and your ancestors from Wicklow :jumper:(The Garden of Ireland):jumper:It's not getting any easier sitting on the old :18red:and trying to keep up with these youngguys on the road is not easy. :whip:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

And I as well am green with envy, but enjoy your wing, you deserve it!

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Grouchomax wrote:
Hi Steve and welcome to the forum. The wingnut has an article on fitting a Utopia to an 1800 and a video clip as well here;
Hey Grouchomax, :gunhead: The member has already being informed of that site twice. :stumped:Maybe you are just making sure by telling him again. :baffled:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
Hey Grouchomax, :gunhead: The member has already being informed of that site twice. :stumped:Maybe you are just making sure by telling him again. :baffled:

Go easy on the guy REDWING, he's got two eyes doesn't he! Man, that new avatar is UGLY!

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
REDWING,man that new avatar is UGLY!
Now that one is Cool!

:clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper: Viva Honda!!

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
exavid wrote:
REDWING,man that new avatar is UGLY! Now that one is Cool!
Boy what i do to keep you Yanks happy. :whip:

:stumped: :18red: :stumped:
For the most part your do it well! :waving: Except for poor old Shep.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.