Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Yesterday may have been the low point in my motorcycling history.I have had a 2005 1800A on order since Oct. of last year. I even traded in my 1985 Aspencade on the deal, which is now happily traveling the Aussie Outback giving kangaroos and dingos a run for there money. Yesterday after much serious deliberation and weeks of self torture,based on the most recent series of recallsfor frame issues for the Goldwing. I cancelled my order..I did not jump on any ban wagons, I researched until my eyes fell out of my head. I even was able to talk to a R&D guy at Honda Canada, (Thanks to my dealer) Who explained the chronology of the frame problems, but did little to ease my concerns that the problem had been fixed. So to err on the side of caution and safety for me and my significant other, I cancelled the order. I am now completely bikeless, and am dreading the first nice day of spring as I know my heart may very well over ride my mind. I have thought of other bikes, but have been a Goldwing owner of one kind or another since 1982 and just can't see myself on anything else. I was never a big 1500 fan, nothing wrong with them, they just didn't crank me up like the 1800. So with any luck, in a couple of years, when it has beenshowen that the latest frame fix did indeed work, I will be first in line to buy one. And once again be a goldwinger.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey goldwinger, :waving:Im very sorry to read your post. :crying:But you have made the correct decision. :clapper:Your mind always has to rule your heart, and thats exactly what you have done.:weightlifter:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
imported post

You did the right thing. I bought mine before Christmas, if the new frame recall had been issued then I would have cancelled as well even though the 2005 bikes are not on the recall. At this point I think every hound on the block knows that it's only a question of time before the 05 is recalled as well.

In the meantime why not get another 1200 to tide you over?

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Why dont you buy a secondhand 2001 1800 ,,they are the only 1800s that dont have to be welded ,,and then trade it in in 2006 for the new wing that is supposed to be launched ...Ciaran

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.