Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 105 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
imported post

Kenny wrote:
Well that's it settled so, the new Smaller Wing is called a Pan European st 1300 all we need nowis sombody to start making shiney bits for it and change the name to Junior Wing:action::action:
Caroll Shelby said,"there's no substitute for cubic inches!"

Seriously though, look at F1 these days. 2.5 liters 20,000 rpm.It's like a friggin carrier launch. :realshocked:

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
imported post

Honda tried to make a smaller wing years ago when they turned the CX500 into the GL500 and GL650 Silverwings. They didn't sell very well and were only made for a couple of years. The current Silverwing is a nice scooter, but it is still a scooter. It has always been my opinion that they should have released the ST1100 and ST1300 as Silverwings.

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
imported post

Kenny wrote:
So!!!!! what's to say that a 1200 could not be an improved Goldwing? bigger does not always mean better BMDBLU seem to have done ok with sticking at 1200cc! in fact maybe a true European spec Goldwing would be a 1200 cc alloy framed bike, maintaining the lower centre of gravity than the Beemer, the torque of a horizontally opposed motor, all of this would suit european roads - twistys et al- 1800s or 2000 if you need it even bigger Ciaran for route 66 and all the other straightaways. It would also give our American buddies a Goldwing alternative for a lighter sportier tourer?? C'mon a bit of lateral thinking here :cool::cool:
AMEN !!!!!!!!:clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper::clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper:

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
imported post

I don't know you guys. There is already a baby wing its called the st1300 and it's an awsome bike, and if you ride a new GL1800 like me you'll find it handles like a small bike and very sporty so who needs anything else. we have all we need. Now some of the thread listed regarding the current 1800 warrant consideration from Honda as there are some fine comments from owners. But this bike handles like a toy. come on!!

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
imported post

I agree, no way there will be a smaller Goldwing when the trend for the last 30 years is always bigger.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

if you can all look at the heading on this forum ,,It is for ideas for honda to improve the WING ,and is not meant as a discussion forum,,thank you all :)

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
imported post

wexman wrote:
if you can all look at the heading on this forum ,,It is for ideas for honda to improve the WING ,and is not meant as a discussion forum,,thank you all :)
I sure thought that everyone was discussingideas to improve the wing even if it might be making a smaller wing. :)

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

It is for SUGGESTIONS to improve the goldwing ,But this has turned into a 2 page debate ,which is not what this paticular forum was intended for ,There are other sections of the forum for discussing the different models etc ,,Cheers Ciaran

PSI deleted the rubbish posts and we are now back on track with the original suggestion

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
imported post

wexman wrote:
It is for SUGGESTIONS to improve the goldwing ,But this has turned into a 2 page debate ,which is not what this paticular forum was intended for ,There are other sections of the forum for discussing the different models etc ,,Cheers Ciaran
PSI deleted the rubbish posts and we are now back on track with the original suggestion
It looks to me like they were discussing ways to improve the Wing and making Suggestings on how this may be done even it it would mean bringing out another model which sounds very good to me....

Great and interesting ideas...........

That is just my humble opinion ...........

Cheers.............Dean

·
Premium Member
3,467 Posts
imported post

Jluvs2dive wrote:
Cousin Jack wrote:
[align=left]Except in wives, that is!!!!!![/align]
You got that right. :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

John
I like my women like I like my bikes. I like a full figured woman. If I want bones I'll get a fish :cheeky1:

I think mother Honda has made a good machine (1800)for the 21st century. Can it be improved, yes; 2200cc would not hurt a thing. I have always ridden big bikes and don't find them intimidating. Those who want a smaller bike can opt to choose from the plethora of models that Honda offers.

What I would like to see is more of the amenities in one package. They need to take noteof what Harley is doing with their Ultra Classic or they might get caught sleeping like the Big Three US automakers did.

Keep on Winging:bat:

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
imported post

Hey I am new but what is Wexmans problem????

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
imported post

Mr Honda could deck the ST1300 with K1200LT features like it's seat etc. That would make the ST1300 a direct competitor for the big "K" and gain it some sales - but would Wingers be attracted down? An "up market ST" would certainly be a lot lighter and more easily chucked about at slower speeds - and it would have an electric windscreen. And be cheaper.
Mag's always compare the "K" to the Wing - a downsized GL1300 would be a great bike and blow the "K" out of the market (probably).

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

fasman wrote:
Hey I am new but what is Wexmans problem????
Hello FASMAN ,,my problem is this ....This particular section of the forum was put here ONLY for suggestions and ideas for Honda to IMPROVE the wing and not as a general discussion forum ,It clearly states this in the introduction to this part of the forum ,and we have several other sections of the forums to discuss wing issues etc ,
This section was purely for the Honda techs to read up on new ideas and not to spend their days reading through discussions about different itiems ,if they want to do that they can go to the other sections ,,So lets keep this section discussion free and ideas only ,I had deleted several posts in this thread which were not even motorcycle related as the thread was going off in another direction .Ciaran

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
imported post

i think you will find thathonda have alreadymade asmallest versiona honda deauville which i use to own before i bought a gold wing so it must meen bigger is better lol although i did love the deauville engine size 650 and new models are 700cc. and i do believe the deauville is not sold in the usa a pity as it would be ideal for them.

·
Premium Member
938 Posts
imported post

The next Goldwing should have a 2.5 liter engine, air bags, stereo, a roof for shade from the sun, possibly air conditioning and, to make it more stable, two more wheels.

·
Village Whack Job...
7,902 Posts
imported post

Scout Guy wrote:
The next Goldwing should have a 2.5 liter engine, air bags, stereo, a roof for shade from the sun, possibly air conditioning and, to make it more stable, two more wheels.
In other words an Accord?

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
imported post

logtech wrote:
Kenny wrote:
Well that's it settled so, the new Smaller Wing is called a Pan European st 1300 all we need nowis sombody to start making shiney bits for it and change the name to Junior Wing:action::action:
Caroll Shelby said,"there's no substitute for cubic inches!"

Seriously though, look at F1 these days. 2.5 liters 20,000 rpm.It's like a friggin carrier launch. :realshocked:
1.5 liters and only allowed 19.000 revs and they go faster than the 2.5 of last year

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
imported post

A smaller wing would be a great idea and if done right and i suspect a good seller. Take off alot off stuff you don't really need add a sport bike type frameand it would kick a for sure. I have an 83 1100 Interstate and two older BMW's the Goldwing is better on the open road but overall its no contest anywhere else .

21 - 40 of 105 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.