Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

A.T.M.'s 'EASY WAY TO STEAL YOUR MONEY'.

3K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  BRowan 
G
#1 ·
imported post

I guess all youwingers know how to protect your money ;)so I will delete the previous post. :cool:

G
#3 ·
imported post

BRowan wrote:
Well I learned something from it Red, you should have left it there as it wasn't bothering anyone and I'd say other folks learned something as well judging by the hits on it. :D
Thank you BRowan Im glad that you found it helpful. :)I had it posted and then I figured that some of the members might think what has this got to do with goldwings. :?When I checked the board the following day and got no response I took fear and took it off. ;)I only posted it, because a very good friend of mine was caught this way. :shock:

G
#5 ·
imported post

FitzAl wrote:
Hey Redwing, I found the info enlightening as well. Not getting replies to it doesn't mean that people didn't heed the warning. Thanks for the info.
Just in case some members might find this info helpful I will post it again. :cheeky1:

With new technology making credit cards more secure, :Dconmen are turning to cash machines (A.T.M.'s) to steal our money. :whip: The experts predict the figure will now grow, that chip and pin technology is making it more difficult to commit credit card fraud. :gunhead: The most common scams involve doctoring bona fide cash machines with devices which trap card details and film people as they punch in their secret P.I.N. numbers. :cooldevil: Sometimes they even fit cash machines with a fake facia with a pinhole camera built into it. :crying:The old fashioned "Lebanese Loop" :action:is also coming back into use. These are thin plastic pockets which slip into the card slot and swallow cards. :goofygrin:This con requires an accomplice, usually a middle aged and well dressed female, :leprechaun:who tells the victim that she experienced the same problem with the machine the previous day, :baffled:and she got her card back by punching in her P.I.N. number and hitting cancel to retrieve it. :stumped: This does'nt work but the crook gets to see the P.I.N. number being entered. :stumped: When the victim finally abandons the machine the card and plastic wallet are retrieved. :cooldj: Most banks have agreed to increase security at their A.T.M.'s :clapper:by installing cctv camera's and painting white lines on the pavement for customers to stand behind, :waving:so that they cannot see over the shoulder of the person using the A.T.M. :goofygrin: How long it will take the Banks to bring this about is anyone's guess. :skipping:

10 Ways to beat the scumbags. :gunhead:

(1) Put your personal safety first. Do not approach anyATM where others are loitering. :coollep:

(2) Be aware of others around you. If someone close to the ATM is behaving suspiciously or makes you feel uncomfortable, go to another ATM. :crying:

(3) If there is anything unusual about the ATM or there are signs of tampering do not use it and report it to the Bank immediately. :stumped:

(4) Be aware of your surroundings. If someone is crowding or watching you, cancel the transaction and go to another ATM. :pumpkin:

(5) Do not accept help from seemingly well meaning strangers and never allow yourself to be distracted. :grinner:

(6) Stand close to the ATM and always shield the keypad with your hand when entering your PIN number with your other hand. :waving:

(7) Once the transaction is complete, discreetly put your money and card away before you leave the ATM. :cheeky1:

(8) If the ATM does not return your card, reportthis to the Bank immediately. :gunhead:

(9) Tear up or shread your, mini-statement, receipt, or balance enquiry when you dispose of them. :bat:

(10) Never reveal your PIN number to others. :baffled:

:skipping: :18red: :skipping:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.