·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
vid sez high performance? required tuning?

didn't have much luck googling jessco (with carburetor was better) , ...what it means exactly? ~ je single carb conversion Co??

did find this dated 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Bhhm_sDGQ
Jessco Manifolds Weber Single Carburetor Conversion
Weber DFT32 on a single plane tuned port manifold with a engine coolant chamber to heat the plenum floor.
Dyna III ignition to GL1100 coils with 1.3 ohm ballast resistance.
8 gauge Scosche EFX O2-free amplifier power cable for ignition wire.
NGK plug boots with steel-clad copper pins replacing the resistors.
NGK D7EA @ .045 (conservative)
HD Road King mufflers / 1-3/4" full exhaust.
Factory GL1000 Bellcrank providing 35% overdraw at the throttle.
http://s1195.photobucket.com/user/JesscoMotorcycleWorks/media/Jessco_GL1000_Weber_Single_Carb_Manifold.jpg.html

looks like manifolds mighta been for sale on ebay at some point

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, admit it, ...you love that video.
I can tell that you do.
I got more.

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
actually i barely glanced at the vid, i like info and answers, not puzzles, otherwise i usually tune out quick,

i'll admit i have run across some interesting stuff here & there

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's good.
Video is fantastic.
You should get some video of your conversion and show us how it compares.

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
actually i just lost interest in yet another thread, as far taking it seriously but good luck

you should tell us all more about those dohc heads?

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's good.
Trollin'?
That's not good.
My single carb video's?
You like them, so I'll make some more for 'ya.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
it did come up in a google yes, the ebay link didn't actually come up with anything recent, but the search did get an ebay link, why do you ask?

try jessco manifold ebay, comes up at the top, first link for me, i think i just googled jessco manifold prior to that

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Odd.
I never sold any conversion through eBay.

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
That's good.
Video is fantastic.
dunno what you think is so fantastic about the vid, there are a ton of dft32 conversion vids out there with tons of easy to get info, from a to z

folks that have gone there extensively have also not had your results, but they are at least fully open with info and what they are doing with pix, videos etc

whereas,

you have many claims backed up by at most, very difficult to get info of any kind & even today, stuff like this thread starter and ~ "great vid eh?"?!

if this question is too far off whatever the intended topic is in this thread, i'll start another
anyone else have current verifiable results, as in running clean plugs with a langdon carb running stock settings? a thread? links? hopefully other than abandoned threads

there are certainly reports to the contrary, as in a rich condition at low/idle RPMs, along with final tweaking being the norm

even here, i think the main argument is ~ "you must go about it in a specific way" and apparently only one other is heating the manifold in the same way, this after years

the initial reports with this bolt on as is carb also included, info, pix, vids with no heat and clean plugs, tho that fella moved on

my conclusion? currently, this is not a bolt on good to go carb (tho might be some lucky ones) without supporting and easily verifiable info/evidence, or at least some duplicated results,

bits of info scattered here and there to support a claim, and it's been years now, does nothing for scc, other than create problems,

here's another vid
http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/162-altered-induction/509553-weber-aggressive-modified-high-output-application-86-1200-engine-1000-frame.html

and much more
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=32dft+goldwing

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
PDBRO. i'm having a bit of trouble interpreting whats going on here. mr midnite seems to start these threads and then either has no time or is giving you childish answers .
now, i dont know about you, but i am looking for some info. this forum looks to be a real good one , in other areas of it anyway.
...you can address me.
Do you have a question?

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
with all due respect mr midnight, i do not wish to address you. one read of this thread was enough. thank you for your interest.
Certainly a intetesting response.

·
Administrator
58,961 Posts
wel, i seem to have missed the point of this thread.....
strange interaction to say the least...
that is because some purposely tried to hijack it and go off topic.
when that happens, I delete the off topic responses.
all will come back in order when time permits Steve to get things situated at home.. right now, the thread and the forum are not his #1 priority. so just be patient. Rome was not built in a day.

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
This will never be Rome. I saw no one purposefully trying to hijack and take this off topic. A lot of these get taken off topic by the originator.

·
Registered
16 Posts
This will never be Rome. I saw no one purposefully trying to hijack and take this off topic. A lot of these get taken off topic by the originator.
after another read of this and several other threads in the same vein,
i tend to agree. a bit of a search for CM here and ( more interestingly)
on other web sites does not paint a pretty picture.
one very popular site even has one whole thread dedicated to the originator . ( less than favorable views , it has to be said )
so, time will tell if there is any substance here. :laugh:

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
even here, i think the main argument is ~ "you must go about it in a specific way" and apparently only one other is heating the manifold in the same way, this after years
Correct. A heated plenum floor is specifically stated by Tom Langdon as a requirement. He states this on every carburetor he sells verbally to the purchaser via telephone. He emphasizes this need to all Goldwinger's as a minumum. It is not optional and he makes that clear.

It is only a argument for those that do not follow his instruction on heating the plenum floor via intimate contact with engine coolant.​

There is no argument. Do it or don't. Not my problem..

my conclusion? currently, this is not a bolt on good to go carb (tho might be some lucky ones) without supporting and easily verifiable info/evidence, or at least some duplicated results,
Your conclusion is easily summarized; There is nothing comparable to give you any support to the evidences you are seeking.

The Jessco tuned-port manifold has no comparison.

Your conclusion is relevant to what exact point?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.