Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I saw on the local Atlanta news that there were two motorcyclist fatalities in separate incidents today (Tuesday).

I don't have any details but a sad day indeed... :(

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

yes a sad day for sure:(

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

I only saw one of them on the news but it was a 27 year old crotcher who had a high school kit turn left in front of him in a jeep.

Hard to guess if it was the HS kid misjudging the distance or not looking or if the crotcher was doing the usual G-force junkie deal on the city streets and coming too quickly to be judged for distance correctly. The Jeep was upside down.

Anyway, it looked totally unnecessary and a sad day for the families.

·
Premium Member
1,161 Posts
imported post

The very reason I stay thirty miles north of Atlanta when biking. Operating a motorcycle in Atlanta traffic is sadly considered adeath wish by most and should be treated as suchand if one chooses to doso then please bediligent and alert. :shock:

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

And use the HOV lanes if you have to travel through Atlanta if possible.

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
imported post

sorry to hear.

I remember coming thru Atlanta when the Olympics were ther in '96...Nascar type driving.

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

bamadave wrote:
sorry to hear.

I remember coming thru Atlanta when the Olympics were ther in '96...Nascar type driving.
bamadave, If during the Olympics is the only time you've come through Atlanta, that was probably the best traffic time I have ever seen here. Everybody was so convinced that we would have total gridlock, folks either left town or stayed home.

Edited due inappropriate remarks given the context of this thread. My apologies...

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
imported post

Use to ride Atlanta expressways years ago but not anymore. Its dangerous enough in a cage and will avoid that when I can.

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
imported post

A sad day for sure. We have had several motorcyclist killed this season here in philly.

The city freeways are getting crazier every year. Keep your head on a swivel and remember my moto. Everyone in a cage is out to kill you. It's a sad attitude to have but a must.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.