Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
Now that I would ride. I'll bet it handles a lot better than a conventional trike, and to me certainly looks a lot better. Looks a lot like a Can Am Spyder. I wonder what it cost to build?

·
Just one of the guys
4,833 Posts
what is the lever in front of the passenger board/behind the brake pedal?
The license plate makes me think it may be in the UK, and as I remember they have to have an emergency/parking brake. It looks like a brake handle.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
I like it, but would hate to be making a corner in the rain with those tires kicking up a rooster tail. As for fenders in the US? How do the hotrod roadsters get by without fenders and street legal dune buggys do it? I see no difference.....what am I missing?

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
If you watch the video pretty close it appears to have 3 (?#) stays mounted on the upper a-frame. I would bet they are for attaching the fenders... which might be removed for show-and-tell???

Looks like he did a great job with the tupperware/adaptation.

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
Production vehicles must have fenders, like the Can Am. The Plymouth Prowler had to have a front bumper and fenders. Many owners took them off. A kit car, or homebuilt like a T-bucket roadster or buggy does not require fenders in AZ, A trike probably does not either. I know fenders are not required on motorcycles here. Neither are turn signals, and you only have to have one brake. BUT, if you have turn signals, they had better be DOT legal.

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Last year I saw saw a site on the web which of course I can't find now. Was interested in maybe a few years down the road......Not as drastic of a mod as triking the rear.....maybe somebody is familier with it?
Some guy in the States was in production of a kit to trike the front end of Harleys...looked pretty simple...just take of rear and install the kit....was about $6-7k.
The 2 front wheels actualy leaned with the bike if I recall.
The site said he was working on a kit for the Goldwings.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.