Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Forum Toolmaster
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Well since I've joined the PGR I have done several runs for the Fallen, as well as the HOTH. this was my first SOLO run without my Brother Larry or Stevefl. I went to Tampa Fl. to stand for the 5 Hero's that gave the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom.

They were:

Gunnery Sergent AARON MICHAEL KENEFICK USMC

Gunnery Sergent EDWIN WAYNE JOHNSON USMC

1st LT MICHAEL E. JOHNSON USMC

JAMES RAY LAYTON USN CORPMAN

Sergent 1st Class KEN WESTBROOK

I drove around 300 miles round trip to stand in for these HERO'S, which is nothing to me and when I introduced myself to the ride captain he asked me where I was from?. I told him I was from the east cost of Florida and It was my HONOR to drive out to these Hero's and stand for them!!. Wellhe let the mother (who was present) know how far I drove, and she came up to me and HUGGED me and told me" Thank
You" for traveling so far to pay my respect to her son. She also told me my mother must be awfully proud of her son for doing this!!!. Man it was so very hard fighting back the tears after she said that. I believe that statement has changed me forever!!!!. It's not to often we get a chance to talk to the HERO'S family, but if you do be prepared to get a flood of emotions that will change the way you look at things. " I has for me"!!!!. I believe there is nothing better then " Standing for those who stood for us". Thiswill always be avery special run for me that I will treasure for the rest of my life.

I have a son in the Corp and every time I go to these runs I think of him and what he does. The last thing a love one wants to do is put one of his kids in the ground. I hope I stirred up some emotions to bring to light how important it is to be apart of the PGR....................SEMPER FI!!!.Allan

·
Premium Member
12,781 Posts
imported post

May they Rest In Peace .

Thank you Allan for taking the time to make this run . Did you go to the Fla National Cemetary in Bushnell ? I passed a fair sized group of riders leaving the cemetary today .

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

Thank you, sir, for doing this....

and God Bless these young warriors, who muster now with the Angels......

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
imported post

Flyboy,
I too am a member of the PGR, and a member of the military. I would also thank you for your efforts, it is greatly appreciated not only by the families, but also by the service members that know they have someone at their backs. To those that feel the slight pull to join in the efforts of the PGR and showing their respect, I would encourage all members of this forum to try it once, just once....it would surprise me if it did not pull at your heart strings and change your life in a small way. It is not easy, but is a very personal fulfilling experience.

·
Forum Toolmaster
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Trainertim77 wrote:
Flyboy,
I too am a member of the PGR, and a member of the military.  I would also thank you for your efforts, it is greatly appreciated not only by the families, but also by the service members that know they have someone at their backs.  To those that feel the slight pull to join in the efforts of the PGR and showing their respect, I would encourage all members of this forum to try it once, just once....it would surprise me if it did not pull at your heart strings and change your life in a small way.  It is not easy, but is a very personal fulfilling experience. 

Trainertim77. Know this!!! We Will Always Have Your Back!!!!! That goes with out question!!!! Once a Marine always a Marine!!! We never leave anyone behind!!!!. Semper Fi............ Allan

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

I can't think of a better way to express your gratitude than to stand for these heros!

Dubs

·
Premium Member
2,445 Posts
imported post

Seems the least we who have not served can do. To stand on a line, willing to catch a cold, to honor those, who stood on a wall, willing to catch a bullet for us.

·
Bruce County Boy/Snowbird
1,707 Posts
imported post

Well done Brother. Had I been in Sebring I would have joined in with you.

I am proud to be a Canadian Member of the PGR-Florida..

:july4thflag::july4thflag::july4thflag:

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
imported post

As a twenty year retired U.S.A.F. veteran I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Just wish I could have ridden down there with you.

Harold

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

I'm going on a PGR ride today, too.... a flag line in Moses Lake, Washington, to honor POWs....but I wish I could do the one you're doing....

·
Premium Member
4,424 Posts
imported post

Wish I had been with you Allan,these missionscan be an emotional roller coaster at times but will be memories not soon forgotten. Thanks for standing in brother.

If anyone is wondering what the PGR is about, here is a link for the recently released movie that may give you some insight. It is coming to Orlando next month, gotta go see it.
http://www.patriotguardmovie.com/Trailer.html

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
imported post

:claps::claps::claps::claps:

I joined PGR a couple weeks ago...after my 2nd mission, my Mrs. joined as well.... hoping the weather cooperates for Sat's mission to lay to rest a Nevada Guardsman killed at the IHOP...

MSG Christian Reige

Rest In Peace:sadguy:

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
imported post

C Trooper wrote:
:claps::claps::claps::claps:

I joined PGR a couple weeks ago...after my 2nd mission, my Mrs. joined as well.... hoping the weather cooperates for Sat's mission to lay to rest a Nevada Guardsman killed at the IHOP...

MSG Christian Reige

Rest In Peace:sadguy:
May see you there. Would be a 4 hour drive for us so spending tonight with my brother in LeMars Ia then on to Pierce NE tomorrow morn. I see it will be a little drive for you too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.