Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

Registered
... if there wasn't a need, wouldn't be developed ...
No one told BMW that so they build a self driving motorcycle that can't really carry anything.

I guess the best use case would be you could tell your bike to go park itself. ;)

Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
the training wheels won't do me any good,
I had a very bad experience 2 days ago here riding around Norfork....
got too hot, brain blew a fuse, and came within 10 inches of taking a nose dive off a cliff.

that ended me riding my 1800 forever.
I am giving it to my son in August when he goes on vacation.

Kind of like pay back, when he went to Iraq for 2 years, he gave his '84 to me and said to make sure it keeps running, which I did for many years.

Registered
2003 GL1800A
the training wheels won't do me any good,
I had a very bad experience 2 days ago here riding around Norfork....
got too hot, brain blew a fuse, and came within 10 inches of taking a nose dive off a cliff.

that ended me riding my 1800 forever.
I am giving it to my son in August when he goes on vacation.

Kind of like pay back, when he went to Iraq for 2 years, he gave his '84 to me and said to make sure it keeps running, which I did for many years.
Sorry to hear that John, but glad you didn't actually go over the cliff.

Reactions: klook

Registered
I guess even your MP3 is no good without A/C. :(

The one advantage a full sized trike would have is there would be plenty of room to house the guts to one of those full body suit temp control units like the astronauts have.

Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I guess even your MP3 is no good without A/C. :(

The one advantage a full sized trike would have is there would be plenty of room to house the guts to one of those full body suit temp control units like the astronauts have.
True,
I do have a Phase Change cooling vest, that I can take with me.
I will look at a way to ice it down while traveling on the MP3.

don't know if it will accept a hitch or not, I could pull a small trailer special made for an ice chest.....
or, just strap it to the Pillion seat.... my daughter can ride behind me, can't tell you her weight, but it is near to matching mine .... the MP3 handles us both just fine.

it has Awesome Brakes!!!! dual disc brakes up front, one on each wheel, and a large disc brake on the rear wheel.

My TourMaster pants have to go, way too hot and a struggle to get into, or out of.
Think I will look for some Kevlar jeans or something like that.

Registered
2003 GL1800A
Kevlar jeans are hotter than my First Gear HT Overpants.

Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Kevlar jeans are hotter than my First Gear HT Overpants.
[/QUOTE

Sheesh!!! o_O

guess I will have to find some new Mesh Pants then..... I don't want to chance a slide w/o protection.

Registered
I got some silver Joe Rocket mesh pants with armor that are great. They actually feel cooler than shorts since they reflect most of the sun.

Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I got some silver Joe Rocket mesh pants with armor that are great. They actually feel cooler than shorts since they reflect most of the sun.
that is the brand of the pants I was wearing when the Semi truck merged me into the center median.

I will look for those, I recall they really helped keep me cooler in the Phoenix, AZ sun during my 20 years there.

Tnx for reminding me out them.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts