Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Being busy working in the shop late Friday and on a ride all day Saturday I didn't find out about this until late Saturday PM. I've been stewing over it since.

One would like to believe in honour andresponsibility. One would like to be proud of the human race, especially those around you sharing a similar interest. It is not always the case.

Late Friday night, east of Toronto,a sport bike with two up was speeding west on the 401, our main super slab. The limit is 100 kph (60 mph) but the police don't usually bother you for 15 to 20 over (75 mph). A police car signaled the bike to pull over but instead of stopping the rider hammered the throttle dumping the passenger on the busy highway. He still didn't stop and has yet to be apprehended.

The female passenger may have beenhit bytwo cars that also failed to remain at the scene.Her injuries imply instant death. I'm not sure if that's good or bad.

Those in the cars may have some excuses and would be unlikely to face any charges if they came forward.

My disgust lies mainly with the rider who endangered his passenger and then abandoned her when he failed in his duty to protect.

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
imported post

Dispicable! Somewhere, someone knows she was out with him. He'll be caught. I hope he gets a murder rap.

·
Premium Member
1,136 Posts
imported post

I read that news story too and pondered it. I would like to believe that the drivers who hit her may not have known what they hit. Keep in mind that this is the 401 highway (6 and 8 lanes wide)and it was at night. Drivers routinely travel at 150 km/h (90 mph)on that road. It is as busy and fast as any freeway in the USA. In the blink of an eye you catch a glimpse of something out of the corner or your eye in the dark and a thump. Anyway, that is what I like to believe.

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

True, those in the cars may have thought they just hit another Moose, Bear, or such like we hit deer here.

Surely the rider will be caught! As said, she most likely has friends!

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
imported post

Lordy!

As a species, have we become so self-centered and self absorbed that our own interest motivates every action? This story makes my nads draw up.

·
Premium Member
3,744 Posts
imported post

If she has brothers or self-respecting make friends then he'd better hope the police catch him. If that was a friend of mine I'd definitely call the police when I caught him - after a few hours of attitude adjustment.

·
Premium Member
1,201 Posts
imported post

Pride in the human race is the most misguided pride of all. There is no limit to the evil people will do. Save your pride for individuals and groups who deserve it.

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

rgbeard wrote:
Bri-Guy-GA wrote:
I would call the police and say that I found "some" of him. Not sure where the rest went.
you would?? :?
Well....the boy's got a mamma too y'know.

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

:hoppingmad::lash::lash::lash::hoppingmad:

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
imported post

BC... you forgot the 4th S

Shoot
Shovel
Shut up

Smile at a job well done!

Remember... If at first you don't succeed, FIRE again!!

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
imported post

They should alll be hung. The bike rider is obvious but the other two as well for not stopping. They were hiding something they always are!

Brent

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

Ain't no excuse for the(m) drivers to leave if they had anything to do with hitting her.

If she died, they'd likely be charged with Vehicular Manslaughter down here, among other chargers...

I'm much happier with my girls on their own bikes than ever being a passenger on one. Too many knuckle-headed kids (read: young men) now-a-days for me to feel safe about it.
:)

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
imported post

Crazed people out there, you gotta watch your back.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.