Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

May I say a big thank you to everyone who offered help and advice and parts when my Goldwing 1200 final drive packed in the other week.

I've owned four Goldwings and had never had any trouble to talk of, with any of them, so it was a big shock to have the drive fail on my doorstep.

My eldest daughter is severely mentally handicapped, and the only bike I've ever felt comfortable with her riding with me, is the Goldwing. I know she's safe behind me.

Suzanne likes the bike and is the envy of her school-friends when I take her to school on it.

Due to Suzanne's handicap, I was ordered to stop work and become her main carer, that's fine, but it involves some belt tightening, as you might imagine.

I'd tried one or two bike breakers in the UK but they were asking silly money, second mortgage stuff for the spares I needed.

Again, a big thank you to everyone who helped and offered parts, and in particular to Shutupbernie ( Scott from the forum, ) who contacted me almost at once, offered pictures of the part, and best of all, offered the part at a very reasonable price indeed.

I'm indebted. And look foreword to riding my bike again.

Regards

Kevin

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

Glad to hear the bike is on the road again Kevan :waving:

Just another reason why this is the greatest GOLDWING SITE on the internet :clapper::clapper:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Here's hoping you are soon back on the road and that your daughter is again able to enjoy those trips out. :)

Are you two able to make the Meet & Greet in Wales next summer, it would be good to have you both there. :waving:

·
Premium Member
10,010 Posts
imported post

we are all one big extended family all over the world and sharing is a big thing here, just watch that wannabe character......she pinches your bum when no-one is looking :cool::cool:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

DigbyODell wrote:
Glad to hear the bike is on the road again Kevan :waving:

Just another reason why this is the greatest GOLDWING SITE on the internet :clapper::clapper:
Hey Diggers..... eyes not working at the unearthly time in the morning that you must be posting!!!!.... it's Kevin not Kevan..... Kevan is the name of one of our "brothers" in South Africa, who has the lovely green 1100 and a dark 15. :D:D

You'd better tip more coffee down your neck before any more posting mate!!!:cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
Hey Diggers..... eyes not working at the unearthly time in the morning that you must be posting!!!!.... it's Kevin not Kevan..... Kevan is the name of one of our "brothers" in South Africa, who has the lovely green 1100 and a dark 15. :D:D

You'd better tip more coffee down your neck before any more posting mate!!!:cheeky1::cheeky1:
I know.... Oh well just trying to keep you on your toes foxy :waving: :cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

I quite like the sound of that, and it's after my ride to the Czech Republic ( again ) so I'd be free to go. It's a little too far to take Suzanne on the bike, but I could get Danielle to bring our small camper and I'd bring my Goldwing. I have a few friends here who ride Goldwings too, and I'll put it to them also.

Regards

Kevin

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

That was in reply to Silverfox of course and the Welsh thingimibob

·
Premium Member
10,010 Posts
imported post

i have petitioned the three stooges to be the official GL1800 parking attendant so if they do ride the MATTEL wings then i will look after them to the best of my abilities :cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Stop Press... Suzanne is happy to go in the camper, but Danielle dosn't want to drive the camper, she wants to ride my Goldwing...There may be trouble ahead.... We're going but Dan's from the south and not the north, so she's not used to a man giving the orders.... Leave it with me !

( I'm being brave, she's not stood behind me ! )

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

KevS wrote:
Stop Press... Suzanne is happy to go in the camper, but Danielle dosn't want to drive the camper, she wants to ride my Goldwing...There may be trouble ahead.... We're going but Dan's from the south and not the north, so she's not used to a man giving the orders.... Leave it with me !

two against one.... always a bad ratio but I am sure you can draw on all your inner strength, don those 32" flairs, show them who wears the trousersand put your foot down. Once the bruises have gone down..... I am sure the ladies will sort it out for you!!! :cheeky1::cheeky1:

I am sure that Tanygaer wouldn't mind if you needed to get the camper down to him in advance, if that were an option.:baffled:

·
Premium Member
1,568 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
KevS wrote:

two against one.... always a bad ratio but I am sure you can draw on all your inner strength, don those 32" flairs, show them who wears the trousersand put your foot down. Once the bruises have gone down..... I am sure the ladies will sort it out for you!!! :cheeky1::cheeky1:

I am sure that Tanygaer wouldn't mind if you needed to get the camper down to him in advance, if that were an option.:baffled:
Park it on the infamous Hill 69:cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
3,758 Posts
imported post

So very glad you were able to get the rear-end problem sorted. Parts are getting very expensive and scarce around here also. :gunhead:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

dennisthemenace wrote:
Silverfox wrote:
KevS wrote:

Park it on the infamous Hill 69:cheeky1::cheeky1:
I think that Hill 69 is already taken and full Dennnisthemenace. You sure like to live up to your name mate!!!!:cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
7,574 Posts
imported post

Hill 69 is most definatly full, cant get any more tents on it there has been such a rush to book it....

If you want to bring the camper early you are welcome to. sorry cant get the camper onto Hill 69, probably have to go in Lowlands 34.5 ....:coollep:

Get yourself signed up on the meet n greet mini site so we can keep track of the numbers please...

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,158 Posts
imported post

KevS wrote:
May I say a big thank you to everyone who offered help and advice and parts when my Goldwing 1200 final drive packed in the other week.

I've owned four Goldwings and had never had any trouble to talk of, with any of them, so it was a big shock to have the drive fail on my doorstep.

My eldest daughter is severely mentally handicapped, and the only bike I've ever felt comfortable with her riding with me, is the Goldwing. I know she's safe behind me.

Suzanne likes the bike and is the envy of her school-friends when I take her to school on it.

Due to Suzanne's handicap, I was ordered to stop work and become her main carer, that's fine, but it involves some belt tightening, as you might imagine.

I'd tried one or two bike breakers in the UK but they were asking silly money, second mortgage stuff for the spares I needed.

Again, a big thank you to everyone who helped and offered parts, and in particular to Shutupbernie ( Scott from the forum, ) who contacted me almost at once, offered pictures of the part, and best of all, offered the part at a very reasonable price indeed.

I'm indebted. And look foreword to riding my bike again.
[align=center]
Well Done KevS :clapper:Thats the very reason I tell everyone that this is [shadow=orange]"The Worlds Greatest Goldwing Forum"[/shadow] :clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:[/align]
[align=left]:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:[/align]

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

Hill 69 ? Lowlands 34.5 ?

I thought it was some 'in' joke about the Korean War.....

I need to get out more......

Kevin

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

KevS wrote:
Hill 69 ? Lowlands 34.5 ?

I thought it was some 'in' joke about the Korean War.....

I need to get out more......

Kevin
Sadly, I think it probably is Kev, along with a tinge of inuendo, methinks!!!!;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.