Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

A word of warning

1K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  AZgl1800 
#1 ·
imported post

Hi all, just a word of warning here, if you have a photo card driving licence, check the renewal date on it, the date is above the smallest photo...4a to 4b.

DVLA do not inform you when it is about to run out, there is a £1,000 fine if you are caught with an expired photo card.

They didn't tell us all about this fine when they introduced these cards, still, i suppose it funds more speed cams.

#2 ·
imported post

Our Ontario government know better than to not tell us, if they did that over here no one would renew the driving licenses, and if they fined us, some one would take it up with the human rights board and it would get bogged down in bureaucratic nonsense.
They take the easy way out, they send us a letter in the mail.

#7 ·
imported post

tricky wrote:
Our Ontario government know better than to not tell us, if they did that over here no one would renew the driving licenses, and if they fined us, some one would take it up with the human rights board and it would get bogged down in bureaucratic nonsense.
That's because in Ontario, the exorbitant $75 they charge for license renewals is a nice source of revenue for them! Not to mention another $74 for plate renewal fees...

#8 ·
imported post

mark on island wrote:
Hi all, just a word of warning here, if you have a photo card driving licence, check the renewal date on it, the date is above the smallest photo...4a to 4b.

DVLA do not inform you when it is about to run out, there is a £1,000 fine if you are caught with an expired photo card.

They didn't tell us all about this fine when they introduced these cards, still, i suppose it funds more speed cams.
The date in 4a is when the licence was issued. your actual licence does not expire until you are 70 years old
However, what does have an expiry date in 4b which is the photograph which is usable for 10 years then it must be updated

#9 ·
imported post

mark on island wrote:
Thats the thing about fines here, all of a sudden its big money fines for everything. Look at the new £100 fine for leaving your rubbish bin out on the wrong day. What happened to the reasonable 15 and 20 quid fines for these minor matters? Since the government let local councils decide on fines in their boroughs the whole thing has gotten out of hand.

#10 ·
imported post

thats funny mark, i was notified by swansea 6 weeks weeks before it was due to run out, your photo license has to be renewed and updated with a new photo every ten years,and license renewed when you are 70, you get caught without updating the photo, its an hefty fine and points on your license for driving "otherwise in accordance with your license"

#11 ·
imported post

GSMacLean wrote:
tricky wrote:
That's because in Ontario, the exorbitant $75 they charge for license renewals is a nice source of revenue for them! Not to mention another $74 for plate renewal fees...
Someone has to pay for the welfare recipients, can't have them dying on the street, it would be dangerous for bikers, BTW the bike plate is $45

#12 ·
imported post

Here in Wisconsin that plate for a motorcycle are $23 for two years, it just went up from $15 for 2 years. They make up for it with the traffic tickets, the smallest ticket is $156 for 3 mph over.

#14 ·
imported post

I suppose thats why I never went for a photo id driving licence coming from yorkshire as i do

its like id cards only the legals will have them

what really gets me in my job is the ones who have english as a second language and the only reason they want to do a tax return is to get money back from the govt

#16 ·
imported post

Here in MN, if you let your DL expire more than a year, you have the take the whole driving test and all. :2finger:

#18 ·
imported post

I used to have a CDL and then when I moved to Arizona back in '92, the higher costs of keeping it caused me to take a long hard look at maintaining "just because".

Now, in retrospect, I wish I had kept it, but the costs of doing so would have been a huge drain on my wallet. When you are broke and looking for a job, you sometimes have to make hard choices.

Today, the higher cost would just be an aggravation to discuss here. In '92, it was groceries to eat, or keep the CDL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.