Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Just a heads up---- discovered this when I did not need to.... I had AAA Plus road service and discovered it does not cover motorcycles unless you add "RV" coverage, which is very inexpensive. JP

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
imported post

Some better policies here allow you to ride motorcycles that you do not own as well as your car, provided you are over 25 and have a full motorcycle licence. You need a seperate motorcycle policy for your own motorcycle.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

I have no problems getting insurance from my regular carrier.

I am referring to Emergency Road Service from AAA. I have carried AAA Plus for years and just assumed (ASS, I know) it covered my motorcycle. When it quit on me, I discovered I had to have the "RV" coverage added. Do now!! JP

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

Thanx for the heads up:waving:

I will call tomorrow:cooldj:

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

If you're 50 or older you can get "AARP" coverage and it includes motorcycles, I have the 100 mile towing package, first 100 miles are free, much bettter than towing me to just their nearest station! $70 a year, well worhth it !

If I tell them it's a bike they send the right tow truck for a bike!:clapper:

My daughter is on it also for free, it's helped her a few ttimes, locked keys in car , towing etc!

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
imported post

I got MARKEL "BikeLine" Insurance on 87 GL1200, basic liability with 24 hour roadside assistance and towing for my wing, cost my a whole $67 for the year including the roadside. I live in PA so I don't know what other states would cost. It's the cheapest I found!

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
imported post

wingdawg101 wrote:
How far does it tow you?
Tell you the truth I really don't know but here is the statement from the website:
Roadside Assistance
We are pleased to offer the BikelinE 24-Hour Emergency Road Service* program as a benefit to BikelinE customers. For only $16 annually, you can reap the benefits of a nationwide roadside assistance program. BikelinE 24-Hour Emergency Road Service benefits include 24-Hour Motorcycle Emergency Towing & Road Service, Tire & Battery Service, Trip Interruption Reimbursement, [/i]and much more! Ask a Customer Service Representative for details today!
*The BikelinE 24-hour Emergency Road Service fee is a per bike fee. Please note that coverage is not available on dirt bikes and ATV’s. All services are administered by Nation Safe Driver’s approved service providers. Refer to the BikelinE 24-hour Emergency Road Service contract for complete details.
I will have to look at my policy when I get home and update this, or you can call them and ask, there phone number is: 1-800-236-2453.
I just figured for 16 bucks a year it was worth it, but haven't had to use it ever, have had them for 4 years now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.