Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

New to the forum (and it's great)...have had Gold Wings for years and NEVER worked on one...which is one reason I like them! Currently have an '01 GL1800 andI want to wire my GPS, butI'm confused by the search info I've come up with on this forum. Do I understand that there is some sort of accessorypower outletUNDER the left fairing pocket? Is it switched or hot all the time? Fused? If so, how many amps? And how do I get to it?

Thanks for any help! :)

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
imported post

There is a plug in the harness just under and forward of the left fairing pocket. It is 12V switched with the ignition. You can buy a cig lighter type socket which plugs right in, you have to drill the pocket body, it comes already marked. Or of course you can tap in to it any other sensible way.

·
Administrator
27,776 Posts
imported post

There is a red 2 pin connector, switched, fuse in the fuse box marked acc. in a rubber boot under the pocket. To remove the pocket pull off the trim piece from the edge of the fairing, open the pocket and push in the center of the 4 plastic rivets holding the pocket on and lift it out.The connector will be to the front of the opening.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.