Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
GL 1800 F6B
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys my name is Gunter I need help with an ABS problem on my 2015 F6B
I drove 9000 km and the ABS lamp has been on for 7500 km. I tried the fuse 5 + 6 out many times. I have already checked many plug connections. The lamp is immediately on with the ignition and does not go out. After deleting the error (fuse 5 + 6) the lamp flashes for 3 seconds and 2 seconds until I restart the moped after which it lights up again continuously.
best regards Gunter
PS must therefore translate everything with google a little bumpy.

·
Administrator
25,337 Posts
To be sure you are getting the code do the following procedure.
RETRIEVAL:

1. Remove the No. 5 and 6 control motor fuses from the fuse box (10;
page 17-5) with the ignition switch turned to OFF to be sure that
each fuse is not burned out.

FUSE BOX
• If either fuse is burned out, perform the troubleshooting of problem
code “4” (No. 5 fuse) or “5” (No. 6 fuse) without installing the fuse.
No. 5
“ABS MTR. FR.”

2. Turn the ignition switch to ON. The ABS indicator should come on.

3. Wait for 5 seconds and the ABS indicator goes off.
No. 6
“ABS MTR. RR.”

4. Install either the No. 5 or the No. 6 fuse immediately after the ABS
indicator is off (within 3 seconds).

5. The problem code is indicated by the number of times the ABS indi-
cator blinks.

·
Administrator
58,732 Posts
I think there must be a difference in Definition from Germany to the rest of the world, as to what a "moped" might be.

Over here in the USA, it is very small scooter like I own, a Vespa owned company called Piaggio MP3.

the F6B is a full sized Honda Goldwing based bike, stripped down for more sporty type riding, and a bit lower to the ground.

Here is what I would call a moped/scooter. this is mine at my home.

·
Registered
GL 1800 F6B
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good morning of course it's a big goldwing and a very nice one! in our club we sometimes say mopeds for fun because the Harley fans always come so loud even though they don't have 6 cylinders.
I just sometimes make the music loud when driving.
I made the fuses as described, it flashes like this:
3 seconds off 2 seconds and always until the engine starts. Then it lights up again without me driving.
Thank you for your help.
:)

·
Administrator
58,732 Posts
Ah, now I understand.
I have joked with some Harley riders and asked them if they would kill their engine, so I could tell if my Goldwing had even started up :giggle:

We all get a good laugh out of it.

·
Registered
GL 1800 F6B
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I love all my big things, all of you from America my F6B my Ruger, my Remington 700lr, my Pumpgun, even my Dyson vacuum cleaner is great! I want another 500 S&W MAGNUM SNUB NOSE REVOLVER !!! but have not yet found a dealer who has it.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Any wheel or tire work done on the bike before this started happening? The ABS system uses a toothed ring mounted to each wheel hub, and a magnet mounted on the fork or swing arm to detect wheel rotation. Check that each of your rings are in place, clean and with all their teeth, and that your sensors and their wiring are intact and the "gap" between the wheel and magnet is within spec.

·
Administrator
25,337 Posts
I made the fuses as described, it flashes like this:
3 seconds off 2 seconds and always until the engine starts. Then it lights up again without me driving.
Thank you for your help.
If you mean the light is on for 3 seconds, off then flashes 2x that indicates the front wheel speed sensor has a problem.

·
Registered
GL 1800 F6B
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it is 3 seconds on then 1-2 seconds off then again 3 seconds on 1-2 seconds off. Without blinking. I didn't do any repairs. The teeth are fine. As soon as I switch on the ignition (with fuses inside), it stops blinking. What still happened after about 35 miles, the lamp flashes (not always). 3 seconds on. 1-2 seconds off.

·
Administrator
25,337 Posts
The only thing I can think of in that case is an intermittent power loss to the ABS control unit causing it to go through the self diagnosis each time. Try replacing fuse #12 even if it appears good.

·
Registered
GL 1800 F6B
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, I had that before. today i love to sit on my wing and ride. especially now when there is a curfew, it makes it especially fun, actually I'm on vacation in Los Angeles and Las Vegas ... but the flights are all canceled ...
:(

·
Registered
GL 1800 F6B
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have to explain. I've been driving the defective ABS for 1 year. With us you have to go to the TÜV every 2 years. The technical condition of the car / motorcycle is checked. Now my appointment with the review is there and 4 workshops have already searched for the error, but unfortunately not found it. It would be nice if we found the mistake.

·
Administrator
25,337 Posts
I see, that is not a blink like any trouble code. Everything will have to be checked methodically with a meter to determine if there is a problem with the inputs. If nothing checks bad the ABS control unit may be the problem. If you are not competent to disassemble the shelter and do the checks yourself you will have to hire someone who is.

·
Administrator
25,337 Posts
That is not a code. Do this, a code will be 3 seconds on, 1 secnd of the a series of 1/4 second flashes.
RETRIEVAL:
1. Remove the No. 5 and 6 control motor fuses from the fuse box (10;
page 17-5) with the ignition switch turned to OFF to be sure that
each fuse is not burned out.
FUSE BOX
• If either fuse is burned out, perform the troubleshooting of problem
code “4” (No. 5 fuse) or “5” (No. 6 fuse) without installing the fuse.
No. 5
“ABS MTR. FR.”
2. Turn the ignition switch to ON. The ABS indicator should come on.
3. Wait for 5 seconds and the ABS indicator goes off.
No. 6
“ABS MTR. RR.”
4. Install either the No. 5 or the No. 6 fuse immediately after the ABS
indicator is off (within 3 seconds).
5. The problem code is indicated by the number of times the ABS indi-
cator blinks.
TO ERASE THE PROBLEM CODE:
1. Install the remaining fuse (No. 5 or No. 6) while the problem code is
being indicated (i.e., the ABS indicator is blinking).
2. When code erasure is complete, the ABS indicator stays on.

·
Registered
GL 1800 F6B
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
😭😭😭 yes I've already done that 50times. and today came this message (see movie) Oh Dave I already had hope...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts