Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

New to the forum, but I think im at the right place. Got an 84 1200a, when going thru the gears up or down I getacceleration instead of decceleration even as high as 4K, when I pull the clutch & try to throttle down, mostly past 2nd gear. Any Ideas ??:?

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

Welcome to this Great Site!

Pull up a chair and join on in!

Ride Safe, Ray

:waving:

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
imported post

if your sure your deccelerating could be sticking throttle cable?:action::waving:

·
Premium Member
4,948 Posts
imported post

Yep, you have to start twisting the throttle back downin anticipation of pulling in the clutch. It's all in the timing. I used to do that with my bike but I finally have got it down to where the bike doesn't go "zoom" when I pull in the clutch.

Safe riding.:waving::action:

Hobie

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
imported post

aw admit you still do once in awhile:D me to:cheeky1::action::waving:

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

No, I mean when I pull the clutch in 2nd or higher it stays accelerated until I let the clutch out or downshift below 3rd.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Poor carb sync or a sticking CV slide can cause the rpms to stay up for a bit.

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
imported post

Go to Randakks.com and look for a tech tip on High or eratic idle. That will give you the list of possible suspects.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

CV Slides are pistons that ride up and down in the carburetors. They are raised and lowered automatically by the varying vacuum in the intake system. There's a carb jet needle attached to the slide that enrichens the mixture as the slides are pulled upward and leans it out as the vacuum lessens and allows the slide to drop lower which reduces the amount of fuel through the jet. CV stands for Constant Velocity due to the fact that the slides tend to maintain the same velocity of air passing through the carburetor with varying power settings.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.