Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Have a little lag from idle that almost seems like the accelerator pump isn't adjusted properly -- It is a new pump from Randakk's, it squirts fine on the bench, but when starting from a stop it helps to blip the throttle a a couple of times on take off. Carbs are synch'd and it starts & idles great, runs great through the gears. Just seems a little lean when starting. Can the accelerator pump be adjusted with carbs on the bike, or do you have any other ideas? Carbs are fresh rebuild with Randakk's kit. And, my vacuum advance works!

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
imported post

. There is a specified gap for the accelerator pump . If thats okand the the straw is in place between the plenum halves I cant think of any other. You might open your pilot screws up just a tad that might help. JB

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

JBz wrote:
. There is a specified gap for the accelerator pump . If thats okand the the straw is in place between the plenum halves I cant think of any other. You might open your pilot screws up just a tad that might help. JB
JB - does the needle/washer trick apply here??

Specifically I'm thinking about this thread:

http://goldwingfacts.com/forums/forum1/80907.html

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
imported post

rgbeard wrote:
JBz wrote:
JB - does the needle/washer trick apply here??

Specifically I'm thinking about this thread:

http://goldwingfacts.com/forums/forum1/80907.html
You can shim the needles butI wouldnt think it would be neccesaary at least I have never needed to on a 1100 carbs but I am at 4500 foot elevation. I do shim them though no doubt on the 77 Gl1000carbs. The keihins are usually loctited andcan be too much fun too shim at times. One thing on the shims from this other post with the GL1200mikunis is I sand a mike all the shims. I leave them at .019 if I recall. The thickness can vary quite a bit when new and also pay attention to the OD on the shims when installing them on mikunis. .This is from experience on other mikunis. JB

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.