Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

i have a 1982 honda goldwing and i rebuilt the carbs and replaced the acc. pump on it and it idels good and runs good but when i acc. up to speed it bogs down but when i kick it down id takes off i dont know if i didnt put it in right and if so how do you put it in right or what else could it be.

·
Administrator
26,993 Posts
imported post

Can you clarify your description of the problem? Do you mean it bogs when you accelerate slowly but not when you accelerate hard?
There isn't much to do wrong installing the pump, the spring goes on the bottom. There are 2 check valves, one lets fuel in when the pump is released (throttle let off)and keeps it from returning to the bowl when the pump is pressed (throttle applied). The other lets the fuel out of the pump when it's pressed but closes so it will pull in fuel when you let off.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

its the middle point of accelleration, when your giving it gas out of 2nd gear it acts like its starving for fuel but when i open it wide open it takes off like not other with out studder. other wise it studders when your trying to get up to speen out of 2nd gear but it idels fine and revs up fine and no backfireing when decelerating.

·
Administrator
26,993 Posts
imported post

It is probably running lean, maybe the floats are a little too low.

·
Administrator
26,993 Posts
imported post

Go to the post index and look up float adjustment or carb floats etc. to see if you set them correctly.

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

If I remember right, the low speed jets run the bike up to around 1500 rpm. After that your on the high speed jets.

Just 2 millimeters off with your floats will cause problems. It will rev up in neutral easly because there is no load & therefore not much fuel is needed. Under load it will need much more & if it cant get it, the bike will hesitate from a lean condition. Check for a good seal on your vacuum lines as well as the "O" rings on your intakes. You might be sucking air from somewhere.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.