Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have just spent $500 on some shinny stuff for the wing and Gary and Betty that run the place have just done me lets say a very very good deal, the deal he done may only suit the uk riders pm me if you want to know, hears his link. The customer service from them are first class.

http://www.cyclemaxohio.com/

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Always nice to hear someone got a good deal, I've got them bookmarked.

·
Administrator
57,371 Posts
imported post

I just noticed that they stock the little chrome trim clip for the saddle bags. The one that is 2" long and covers the screws. One took a long flying leap without telling me about it last weekend.

also found the trunk lid restraining cables that are broken on my bike.

When I clicked on Submit Payment, I got a "ding" that a new incoming message hit my email box. Hmmmmm, looked and it was their auto receipt software sending me an email verifying the order.

Now that is slick, and fast.

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
imported post

ive also had a few good deals off them also, and no doubts about using them again

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

I just looked at that site you posted, rota covers are £89 with cyclemax it's $77 about £38 a saving of £50 or more the postage cost me $88 £44 but thats for $500 worth of stuff so you still save loads.

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

r847griffin wrote:
Thanks for sharing. Is the P&P reasonable? I do think you might have to pay import duty on your treasure.

I have used http://www.pricedright.co.uk they are uk based and really helpful.

My total bill with VAT and Delivery should be £293.75

I checked the site you gave for the same items with VAT and delivery it would be £419.76 and there is 2 items i could not find so total bill could be as much as £500 so still a good saving.

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
imported post

r847griffin wrote:
Thanks for sharing. Is the P&P reasonable? I do think you might have to pay import duty on your treasure.

I have used http://www.pricedright.co.uk they are uk based and really helpful.
Cyclemax rock :action:
Richard you're right, pricedright are helpful folk, but their prices are Cyclemax dollar prices converted to pounds. You do the sums. Obviously you add on shipping costs, but even they aren't too salty. You'll still save.
Drop them an email regarding duty.
I wouldn't shop anywhere else for wing bling.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
imported post

Having just spent over $2800 (£1400) at WWW.WINGSTUFF.COM I was clobbered for £321 import duty and Value Added Tax here in England, administered by the couriers, UPS prior to actual delivery. I tried squealing that the helmets within my items bought don't attract VAT in England due to them being a safety item required by law, but was shot down in flames because theye weren't EC / BS tested or CE marked! Exactly the same lids as sold here in UK made by a Japanese company called Arai, but because they didn't have a little sticker from Europe fixed......

Still worked out a heck of a lot cheaper though than UK distributors - theamount would be doubled here in the UK in £ sterlingmaking my $2800 equal £2800 - I appreciate they (UK dealers) are out to make a living (God bless them) but I've had enough of the rip off culture here in the UK - high profiteering and equally higher taxes result in customers looking elsewhere - thank goodness for the internet and global trading! I know there is difficulty with warranties - but hey, I've saved a packet so can afford to sort any difficulties that do arise, even sending back to USA. (all warranty cards sent already)

If I hadn't already bought my GL1800 here in Blighty, I'd deffo be ordering one from Florida now - have you seen the dollar lately - $2.10 to £1.00- and a 2008 wing can be had for $18000 there!!! Even with import duty, VAT, shipping, a flight to personally sort paperwork (short holiday) I'd still have change from £12,000 - that's a saving of £7000 to £8000 - anyone wanna buy an '06 UK spec comfort GL1800 on an '07 plate for £14.500?? Think I've convinced myself here - I'm gonna get me one that's already got rear peakers fitted, with saddlebag lights that work from the factory and where a CB radio can be fitted because it already has a wiring loom for it - I can just imagine them there in the USA making UK spec bikes - ripping out the harness, rear lights and speakers so as to make us idiots spend even more money on accessories.

Gary Mc

·
Premium Member
1,136 Posts
imported post

I don't know how this would work for you in the UK, but I always use US Postal Service to ship from the US to Canada. The UPS/Fedex type couriers charge ridiculous "brokerage" fees to handle the paperwork. Irecently paid $25 brokerage feefor them to collect$1.70 import duty. With USPS, it gets handed off to Canada Post and just shows up at my door and I pay any duty and tax owing, no brokerage fees.

We have a similar situation happening in Canada right now with ripoff prices. Two years ago, it cost us $1.60 to buy something from the US costing $1.00. As of today, it costs us just$.90 to buy the same $1.00 item. You would think that Canadian vendors would have adjusted their prices accordingly, but it's not happening, so many, manypeople are ordering from the US or just driving across the border. That goes for everything from shoes to books to motorcycles to airplanes.

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
imported post

Here Here!! I was just thinking the same myself after spending £17,300 on my 06 comfort and fitting speakers, getting rear lights fitted badly by HGB Honda of Ruislip, spending on other goodies from wingsuff that wouldn't fit the 06 model payingUPS brokerage fees of£20.00 + import duty & vat, i suppose it was still cheaper than paying uk dealers £1.00 = $1.00 conversion rates, & perhaps we can get a better deal on shipping if we get 2 bikes sent over together.:clapper:

I will sell mine for £500.00 less

septikangel wrote:
Having just spent over $2800 (£1400) at http://WWW.WINGSTUFF.COM I was clobbered for £321 import duty and Value Added Tax here in England, administered by the couriers, UPS prior to actual delivery. I tried squealing that the helmets within my items bought don't attract VAT in England due to them being a safety item required by law, but was shot down in flames because theye weren't EC / BS tested or CE marked! Exactly the same lids as sold here in UK made by a Japanese company called Arai, but because they didn't have a little sticker from Europe fixed......

Still worked out a heck of a lot cheaper though than UK distributors - theamount would be doubled here in the UK in £ sterlingmaking my $2800 equal £2800 - I appreciate they (UK dealers) are out to make a living (God bless them) but I've had enough of the rip off culture here in the UK - high profiteering and equally higher taxes result in customers looking elsewhere - thank goodness for the internet and global trading! I know there is difficulty with warranties - but hey, I've saved a packet so can afford to sort any difficulties that do arise, even sending back to USA. (all warranty cards sent already)

If I hadn't already bought my GL1800 here in Blighty, I'd deffo be ordering one from Florida now - have you seen the dollar lately - $2.10 to £1.00- and a 2008 wing can be had for $18000 there!!! Even with import duty, VAT, shipping, a flight to personally sort paperwork (short holiday) I'd still have change from £12,000 - that's a saving of £7000 to £8000 - anyone wanna buy an '06 UK spec comfort GL1800 on an '07 plate for £14.500?? Think I've convinced myself here - I'm gonna get me one that's already got rear peakers fitted, with saddlebag lights that work from the factory and where a CB radio can be fitted because it already has a wiring loom for it - I can just imagine them there in the USA making UK spec bikes - ripping out the harness, rear lights and speakers so as to make us idiots spend even more money on accessories.

Gary Mc

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.