Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

What type of highway pegs work the best on a GL1800. I have seen some that look like they would drag in heavy cornering. Some even appear dangerous or might cause damage to the bike in a simple fall-over situation.

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

I ride a 1500, so I don't know first hand. But I think what the 1800 guys here seem to favor is the "****-O-Pegs"

I think I have the name right, but can't be certain. Although I am very certain there will be others along to help.

And BTW,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Welcome to the forum:waving:

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

I bought a set of pegs from jc whitney on line. Their big, with rubber grip rings, They swivel & they fold up. They work great!

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
imported post

I have the Kuryakyn Ergo II mounts with switchblade pegs. I seldom use the switchblade function (they pull out for a heal rest) but I like the pegs. They have a rub pin on the ends and sometimes I drag those, but usually I fold them in for maneuvering or twisties. They look nice, willhelp protect your ride if you drop it at slow speed or stopped and are comfortable. You can get them with shorter shafts for more leg room, but I'm 6'2' and the regular ones work for me. The bottom of the mounts rest on the underside of the engine so you can feel the vibs, but not very noticeable unless decelerating.

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
imported post

Winger77 wrote:
I ride a 1500, so I don't know first hand. But I think what the 1800 guys here seem to favor is the "****-O-Pegs"

I think I have the name right, but can't be certain. Although I am very certain there will be others along to help.

And BTW,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Welcome to the forum:waving:
****-O-Pegs is correct, they push down when you step on them and pull back up when you remove your foot. http://www.ridingiswonderful.com/

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
imported post

I use the Keury ergo II as well I have never dragged them in a turn a nd find them very comfortable. Alao they are extremely well made

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
imported post

I have a set of ****-O-Pegs. When I got the ****-O-Pegs I already had a set of Kury ergo II with switch blades. I modified the ergo II"s to mount on the vertical part of the engine guard. Now I can either stretch out with the Kury or use a more vertical position with the ****-O-Pegs. I have bad knees so I like to move around so I don't get stiff. I like to relax and enjoy the ride, but for more aggressive twisties I put the highway pegs in and use the stock foot pegs. The ergo II's use to scrape once in a while when they were mounted on the horizontal bar but no scraping since I moved them to the vertical bar. Options will vary with height.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.