Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a few issues that I'm going to try and tackle this next week or two.

First, I have a switch on my dash (aftermarket?) that controls the aftermarket driving lights, and it seems to have lost its ability to stay in the on or off position, it just sort of flops up and down. Any idea on how to get to it? (just to the right of the vent)

The next thing is some accessory lights, rotor covor, side marker, trunk bar, mudflap lights, etc. The switches don't do anything anymore. One day they worked, and after riding home, they stopped working. Each button does the front or rear set of lights. Again, I don't know where to begin. (two red buttons above the CB control)

I just found out that the factory driving lights for the SEi are individually wired up to the left and right turn signals. If i signal left, the left light goes on, and same for the right. I don't think there is any other way to turn them on or off. (the picture doesnt show the flashing, but the right signal is on, notice the driving light)

Any help would be appreciated.

Jon

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
imported post

The lower lights are called cornering lights and are functioning as intended.
Sounds as though this bike is new to you. If that's the case I highly recommend pulling false gas tank and side cover and have a good long look at the stator wires and remove any connectors found on them especially if you plan on running additional lighting-unless of course you have a poorboy (externally mounted aftermarket alternator. You will likely see where the red switches derive their power and you can check for a failed connection or fuse.

·
Administrator
26,145 Posts
imported post

The cornering lights are controlled by relays that are activated by the position lights. With your other driving lights you would not want to run both unless you have a poor boy alternator.
The added lighting you will just have to trace to where they are wired in and probably redo the whole thing.
Looks like you might get to that switch on the left by removing the radio and bracket.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.