Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Looking for the green clad accessory on the saddle, as seen in the picture below,for my new to me GL1000 Executive. Mine seems to be missing!!!:cooldevil:



Seiously though, I would be interested to hear of any parts that any one in the UK knows of, or cantacts that may help me in my quest. Particularly need to find out what analogue clock Rickman put on the Executives and I also need the mounting brackets, and headlight for the Mark V fairing.

thanks for looking.
 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
452 Posts
imported post

I think it was only on a very very very limited edition. One of a kind edition,



:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
213 Posts
imported post

scotthohio wrote:
I don't think this accessory is compatable with the current one.
Oh I don't know Scott, she probably wouldn't mind if you found the original OEM 1977 version in its current state, after 31 yrs hard riding, complete with saddlebags and optional facial hair cover!



It would be the modern , brand new pattern part she would object to!



:D:D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Roy W wrote:
scotthohio wrote:
I don't think this accessory is compatable with the current one.
Oh I don't know Scott, she probably wouldn't mind if you found the original OEM 1977 version in its current state, after 31 yrs hard riding, complete with saddlebags and optional facial hair cover!



It would be the modern , brand new pattern part she would object to!



:D:D
The origional OEM model ( winner of Miss Great Britain in 1976) is apparently now employed as a PA to film entrepeneur Michael Winner. Her name, if you haven't hovvered your cursor over the picture is Dinah May.

In truth, the current seat accessory is much better. :clapper:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

She could join the site as a celebrity guest!!! Why not give Him a ring. :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,401 Posts
imported post

Yes, that part look expensive and troublesome.:D



I might pick up one of those "new modern seat covers" when I come over!:cheeky1:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

SB in SC wrote:
Yes, that part look expensive and troublesome.:D



I might pick up one of those "new modern seat covers" when I come over!:cheeky1:
and like me, you might die a long and painful death if you did SB!!:shock::cooldevil:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
261 Posts
imported post

Maybe we could do a re-shoot after Silverfox get his restored. Of course finding kawasaki green Honda leathers might be a problem. I hope she is the same size as she wasback then.

:D:D:D:D:D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Wish I could blow the picture up and see which number bike it is, the number appears just under the word Executive on the side panel. Only the first one produced didn't have a number and that one looks like there is a faint number.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3 Posts
imported post

Pete,

With regard to the clock mounted on top of the instrument pod, I can tell you that it was a VDO Quartz clock. I did a bit of searching and found that VDO is a section of Siemens. This link shows a unit which is very similar if you compare it to the attached photo of mine.

http://www.bobsgauges.com/servlet/the-767/VDO-Clock-12v-Quartz/Detail

You would still need the housing for it though.

Best regards.

Roy
 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

Brilliant Roy, that will help me a lot in my quest.:clapper:

I hope one day before too long I will get to see yours in the flesh so to speak.:)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
112 Posts
imported post

:shock:I gotta' say you Brits get all the breaks . . .I don't know what's sexier the seat accessory
or the fairing. If they had intro'd that combo over here Hondaline dress goodies would've been run outta' town on a rail.



And they would've never felt the need to stop buildin' FCW's.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
98 Posts
imported post

hi silverfox if you try a guy called pete fisher you can get his details off the gwocgb or pm me and i will send them you he has a container full of 1000/1100 bits . hope this helps
roger
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

goldwinger1957 wrote:
hi silverfox if you try a guy called pete fisher you can get his details off the gwocgb or pm me and i will send them you he has a container full of 1000/1100 bits . hope this helps
roger
Thanks for that Roger, Koxx4 is apparently seeing Pete on sunday and I am seeing Koxx4 tomorrow, so I can give Koxx4 a list of my wishes. :):waving:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
112 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
Wish I could blow the picture up and see which number bike it is, the number appears just under the word Executive on the side panel. Only the first one produced didn't have a number and that one looks like there is a faint number.
I dunno' Pete I think I can take a swing at it . . . Yeah how 'bout . . "36-24-36";

yeah that should be 'bout right eh? Whadya think?



Y-E-A-H-H-H, Y-E-A-A-H-H-H, Y-E-A-H !


as Duffy might say
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
imported post

bikeknight52 wrote:
Silverfox wrote:
Wish I could blow the picture up and see which number bike it is, the number appears just under the word Executive on the side panel. Only the first one produced didn't have a number and that one looks like there is a faint number.
I dunno' Pete I think I can take a swing at it . . . Yeah how 'bout . . "36-24-36";

yeah that should be 'bout right eh? Whadya think?



Y-E-A-H-H-H, Y-E-A-A-H-H-H, Y-E-A-H !


as Duffy might say
Sounds about ideal to me!!!:cooldevil::cooldevil:
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top