Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Hi,

My buddy has an extra helmet with a mic and speakers in it, thatplugs in his goldwing cb/radio set up. Now thats a weird special looking cable that goes to the bike from the helmet. Is there anyone/anywhere that sells some type of adapter so i could use his extra helmet and connect it to a walkie talkie style CB standard earphone jackso we could talk on our road trips, and i could use that helmet to listen to my ipod while riding if it could plug into a standard earphone jack? my wing (85 interstate) doesnt have any cb set up on it. But like is said, he has extra helmet that hooks into his wing cb set up. just need to get that cable converted to a standard earphone jack style ,, any ideas???

thanks

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum redmenter! :waving:

I went to Radio Shack and bought a 3' MIDI cable. Cut it in half, ohmed out the wire-to-pin connections then soldered a 1/8" RCA connector (also from Radio Shack) onto the appropriate wires. The standard MIDI plug will plug into the helmet plug. Works great for listening to my MP3 player!

Bob :11grey:

P.S. You may want to get an in-line audio booster to help boost volume and bass. Try it first without. The IPOD might have enough output without it. Radio Shack (I'm starting to sound like a salesman) has them also.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
imported post

You may need to turn up the volume a lot to hear the music good, depending on how close the speakers are to your ears. This will reduce the battery life between charges.

I took a pair of headphones, removed the speakers and installed them in my helmet and they worked OK other than there was less base due to the speakers being farther from my ears. I got tired of the wire getting caught on stuff when I wasn't using it and took the headphones out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.