Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Okay... so everyone agrees. I finally have succumbed. This morning before the wife and kiddo got up, I installed a Add On 2-piece belly pan which had been sitting around in a box for a month now. I fiddled around with the cable adjustments on the reverse gear and got that running too. Sweet! Added engine guard pegs on the outsides.

First assessment of the belly pan; even at low speeds... <35 mpg... the bike seems more stable and less subject to random wind gusts and truck wash. I feel more 'rooted' to the road especially when cornering. Thanks all ya'll here for recommending this item. I can't wait to get up on the highway headed into work on Tuesday...

Did I just say that!!!! Naaww! It can't be true!

Next... I have Ring of Fire lighting to install, a used Markland trailer hitch sitting around in a box... waiting to be painted and then installed... and one of the very last sets of Michelin Pilot GT tires due to ship to my door step on Tuesday... Derby Cycles in Kentucky still has both front and rear sets. Snap 'em up!

Time to lay out the red snapper filets, sit in a lawn chair for awhile and have cold one!

No... wait! I have the table saw set up outside... and birch plywood... and polyurethane to put on cabinets... no wait!

What happened to my Labour Day weekend? Awwww!

·
Premium Member
1,119 Posts
imported post

i have also noticed a big difference with the truck wash. i'm glad i put the belly pan on. have a safe weekend

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
imported post

I have never heard of the belly pan, off to use search

"one of the very last sets of Michelin Pilot GT tires due to ship to my door step on Tuesday" Are these discontinued? What will be best if these are gone?

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

Add-On GL1599 belly pan

The belly pan ROCKS! This is without question the best $40 I have spent on my beast yet. Read extended reviews here... might have to scoll down an entry or two!

Culleynet.com: The central pillar of the internet...

Yes! It's official! The Michelin Pilot GT's have been discontinued. Michelin has no plans to make any more. Most of the big internet retailers are showing the items as backordered... so don't be fooled into waiting! All that's left is what is currently on the shelves of dealers around the country. Call to confirm an "in stock" status before ordering. The moment I heard, I snapped up a set from Derby Cycles in Kentucky.

Last weekend... he said he had a few sets left. You might try him... great shipping. Came in a box instead of loose. As for what's second best... I cannot answer that. although I have had several sets of Metzler 800's on other bikes and have real good luck with them. However... I will attest that the GL1500 is NOT like other bikes. I suspect that by the time I have to worry about that... I'll be looking for a used 1800.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.