Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My Wing has one of the add on dipsticks that extends out the front of the engine and comes up in front of the lower radiator. The stick is round for about an inch at the bottom. It then goes to a flat section and then about 3 inches farther back to round.

There are no markings on the stick. So how do I know where the actual "Full: marking is at. Is it the top of the first round section, the top of the flat section, or somewhere in between.

Attachments

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

what you must do is check your oil with the bike level & you have to look through the sight glass on the right of the bike, down low where your foot goes.

Once you are happy that your level is good. You pull the dip stick & mark the oil line with a file. This will give you the full line. When you go to drain your oil, Again watch the sight glass & when it appears low, Pull the stick & mark it for low level. Now your set!!

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
imported post

rb7632

would you measure your hole for the tube as i have one i want to install on my 1100 , i have the same spoiler as you .

Thanks
1 of U

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
imported post

Next oil change..put in one or 1/2 less quart..check mark for low..put in the last quart or 1/2 mark for high...

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
imported post

i put one on my 82 1100 it said to put dip stick in do not screw it down.fill with right amount of oil.check level.cut a line to mark full. then measure down 1 inch then mark it again for low level.what i like about it is you can check it on center stand or side stand. alan:waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
imported post

I wanted to put one of those on my 83 but my mechanic said they make 2 kinds of those, the ones that leak and the ones that are going to leak!
Randy

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
imported post

Where can you find one of these?

Chuck

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status