Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I wanted to add a trunk brake light kit offered by Cyclemax to my 85 Interstate. Will that put any unwanted stress on my stator. It's charging like a million bucks and I want to keep it that way but some added brake lights for safety sounded like a good idea.

Thanks
Dan

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
imported post

I added that to my '84 Interstate, it really lights up for drivers behind you. A great investment.

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

Go for it......if they offer LED, or if you can change the bulbs to LED it would be even less stress on the stator...

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
imported post

I have one on my '84 interstate, ran fine, but any load greater than the extra trunk lights (especially when braking) will start to tell on the stator.

I left the trunk lights as normal bulbs (brighter in daylight)and fitted Leds to the pannier mounted lights. No problems from the original stator.

Because I have fitted more extra's creating slightly more load,, I have now converted to an external alternator.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Thanks for all your great info. Time to order some lights.

Dan

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
imported post

I get so ansy when I read about extra lighst but dont dare do anything until after I upgrade to the external alterneator this winter season.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.