Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have been looking to move from my 1982 and have been on the net and in lots of show rooms. I think I found my bike - 2001 1800 ABS. The first owner took the CD player and the CB from the bike. My question is can I use a non Honda CB unit? The price almost knocked me down :shock:. Anybody know if this can be done and still have full functionality?

Thanks in advance - you guys are the best :clapper:

Mike

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
imported post

Mike, none of the GL1800 forum owners have found a cheap solution to this. The only kit available this side of the pond is the one from Stuart Hall at about half the price of the Honda one. The only thing is it would be too expensive to buy this from the USA, probably cheaper top get a Honda one instead.

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

Some German company was doing them as well a couple of years back. Still not what I'd call really cheap, but it's either that or the Honda one. If I remember the link I'll post the info here.

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
imported post

I forgot to mention that you don't really get full functionality with the OEM system. The Honda CB can't be beaten in this regard.

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
imported post

I believe J & M are now selling a CB rig for the 1800 - still not cheap though $560 comes to mind may be wrong but its around that figure

rgds

Phil

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

J&m are NOT doing a cb for the 1800 ,,they do a handlebar mount CB for the 1500 ,it is NOT compatible with the 1800 ,I have spoken at length with J&M on this subject and they have no immediate plans to produce one for the 1800 ,,The honda one is the best you can get ,,Nobody has come up with a cb like the honda one ,,stuart halls one is a normal car cb with an interface and it nowhere near are compact as the honda one ,,you can buy the honda cb for $599 on ebay new ,,Well worth the money ..cheers Ciaran

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
imported post

apologies for the duff gen folks - put my foot in it again

Phil

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
imported post

mjohnson wrote:
I have been looking to move from my 1982 and have been on the net and in lots of show rooms. I think I found my bike - 2001 1800 ABS. The first owner took the CD player and the CB from the bike. My question is can I use a non Honda CB unit? The price almost knocked me down :shock:. Anybody know if this can be done and still have full functionality?

Thanks in advance - you guys are the best :clapper:

Mike
Mike, check with "hondadirectlineusa" as they have the cheapest price on the cb. :cool:The only one that works is the genuine Honda one, many have tried to emulate but have lost handlebar control functionality etc :shock:

Happy riding - yellow is best

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
imported post

oops need to check the date - just back of holiday, but grey matter is still away

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

PHIL WROTE:apologies for the duff gen folks - put my foot in it again

:Dthats ok ,we will forgive you as long as you buy us all a pint a Blackpool this weekend at the illumination parade on sat :Dcheers Ciaran

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
imported post

I would if I was going m8 - sadly Im committed to the IAM stand at the police gala day in Norwich :X

Rgds

Phil

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Phil wrote:
I would if I was going m8 - sadly Im committed to the IAM stand at the police gala day in Norwich :X

Rgds

Phil
Any excuse!!:goofygrin::goofygrin::goofygrin:

Pete

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

wexman wrote:
PHIL WROTE:apologies for the duff gen folks - put my foot in it again

:Dthats ok ,we will forgive you as long as you buy us all a pint a Blackpool this weekend at the illumination parade on sat :Dcheers Ciaran
Hope I don't make a posting with duff information.... how many of you are coming accross that I would have to buy a pint for?? I think I'll go into stealth mode till the weekend!!:goofygrin:

Pete

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
imported post

wexman wrote:
J&m are NOT doing a cb for the 1800 ,,they do a handlebar mount CB for the 1500 ,it is NOT compatible with the 1800 ,I have spoken at length with J&M on this subject and they have no immediate plans to produce one for the 1800 ,,The honda one is the best you can get ,,Nobody has come up with a cb like the honda one ,,stuart halls one is a normal car cb with an interface and it nowhere near are compact as the honda one ,,you can buy the honda cb for $599 on ebay new ,,Well worth the money ..cheers Ciaran
I seen some advertised for $500 last month on EBay. Cant find the link now though so they are probably all sold, not surprising at that price.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.