Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

I've seen lots of GL1500s with equalizers, usually small 6 channel ones that fit in the fairing vents under the speakers. Can't say what make they are, but I'll ask around at the Sunda meet today.

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
imported post

Hey Mr.1200. What brand of speaker did you buyfor replacements? I am looking at doing the same thing but can only find 2 way speakers in the 4" size. I would muc h rather have the 3-way speakers.

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
imported post

I've seen a couple of GL1500s with small Pioneer EQs in the vent. Looked very neat indeed. If Ted doesn't get bcak before the weekend I should be able to find ut which Poineer by then.

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
imported post

I just installed a Pioneer DEH-4700MP radio on mine and it has a pretty decent EQ built in. Might be worth a thought.

Pat

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
imported post

I think the vents on the 1200 are slighytly different size than the 1500, so the same GA might not fit. I have seen pictures of 1200s with GAs ion the vents, just can't remember where I seen them.

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
imported post

I just added a set of Audiobahn AS40Q 4" 2-way component speakers to my 84 Aspy. These are really nice since you have the option of removing the center tweeter and remotely mounting it. I have it mounted in the center of the speaker right now but am planning on a remote mount soon. Another plus is the Butyl Rubber surround. Unlike the "foam" surround that most speakers have, the Butyl rubber will not break down and deteriorate.

I just love component type speakers. You can really tailor them to your liking. I will post a picture of the installation once it is complete.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.