Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am needing some information for how to add a audio jack to the audio system of a 93 1500 Aspencade.

Thanks for any help

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
imported post

RBogue wrote:
I am needing some information for how to add a audio jack to the audio system of a 93 1500 Aspencade.

Thanks for any help
Rudy knows all about this I'm sure he will be along soon If not do a search as he has posted how to do it

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts

·
Just one of the guys
4,794 Posts
imported post

I have done the auxillary input modification on mine. I will not do it again.

I also have an inline modulator that came with the car kit for my XM radio. I use the inline in my pickup. I temporarily putthe inlineinto the 'Wing just to do a comparison with the pre mod using the inline modulator and the modified input. A good inline gives sound quality that, to my ears, is just as good and you don't have to monkey around with the internals of your radio. In fact just this week I developed a high pitch whine that is present only when the wire from the modification is plugged into the XM reciever. I have not had time to try to figure out the cause of that yet.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
imported post

I made the internal mod to my 96 aspencade. Used the directions from this web site:

http://www.sheriart.net/honda/

Directions were easy to follow (if you have basic electronics knowledge). I did not use a toggle switch to activate the mp3 plug, Radio Shack had a flush surface switch that fit perfectly on the left edge of the radio console nearest the left pocket. Looks like it is factory installed. I love it. Works perfect. The only regret I have is I wish I would have extended the length of the male plug that fits into the mp3 player. My son likes to bring his MP3 and the wire is about 2 feet short of reaching him in the back. Too bad for him, since I choose what we listen to :cool:.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.