Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi. I have a 2010 HPNAM wing or to put it another way I have a new wing with the comfort package, the premium audio package, the tire pressure monitoring package, the Navi package, XM radio package and ABS.

I have the honda OEM CB radio and 2nd antennae kit from the dealer as part of a Honda $1,000 accessory incentive with purchase of new bike. I am ready to install it and the instructions with the items are pretty vague. Sort of like step 1: take it out of box, step 2 put it in bike, step 3 make sure everything is connected then close trunk.

I went to the tech section and to the workshop and found the write up on putting a CB into a older GL1800. It shows removing the rear trunk, the seat, the side covers anda lot of disassembly around tank and front dash of bike as if the older 1800s were like the 1200 anddidn't have any wiring at all for driver or passanger headsets ect...

Is there a write up somewhere on the installation of a CB intoa newer bike with a option package like mine?

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
imported post

This page shows how to remove the meter panel and shelter on 2006-2010 models without airbags: http://www.goldwingfacts.com/1800AirFilter06on.htm

Trunk removal is identical on all models from 2001 up. The page you found with CB fitting to an earlier model will work fine for the actual CB fitting. The only slight difference is that on some, the CB noise filter connectors at the front of the bike can be concealed behind the black air vents and not in front like the old models.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.