Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hey fellas,

Thought last night's experience might help out others.
Mine's a 2010 Navi-comfort model so info should apply to all the later model years I'd guess from '05 or so on up.

I read everything I could find re: installation of them, watched a couple youtube videos, and am a fair wrench anyways. What no-one addressed including Honda's instruction sheet, was WHERE exactly the 4 pin connector is located in the shelter.

It took me longer to find it than the whole rest of the assembly! Probably 20 minutes!

Once you get the shock pressure control panel out, it is STRAIGHT down just above the 'leg' air vent. (Just in front of yer left knee) Doesn't look like it is, asyou only see the top of the harness, with one connector in it.

Gently pull on the boot that youCAN see, and the rest of the harness will come up exposing the elusive 4 pin connector.Piece 'o cake after that.

Since Honda owed me a considerable part of my incentive bucks (Little over $400)
I opted for the Hondaline LED lights, and MAN are they bright! Between these on the front, trunk/saddlebag lights, alternating top-bottom turn signals,and spoiler lights, they just MAY be able to see me.

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
imported post

Thanks mctoy. That same connector question has been asked and answered many times here, another reminder is good to have.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Hello GASWING!!!! :waving:
I was just hoping to clarify a little more where it is located. (Honda instructions only say: "Plug 4 wire connector into acc. harness") Being new to the Goldwing, I looked at everything I could find on this site/Steve's video, and felt more than prepared for the task. Once it was time to make the connection however, I looked "BEHIND" the pressure panel as instructed, and couldn't find it. Being that the panel is mounted vertically, I wasted a considerable bit of time looking toward the FRONT of the bike (IE: "BEHIND" the panel) where there are many connectors/harnesses and seemed a logical place for it. Maybe it is just semantics, but had I read something like: "DIRECTLY BELOW the panel", or as I said: "STRAIGHT DOWN" it definitely would have helped me find it quicker.
That bugger is well hidden even when you are looking down at the top of the harness! :stumped:
Hope this helps someone just a little.

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
imported post

MCtoy wait until you put as powerplug in the left front pocket. You really have to go deep to find the plug in the boot also. I guess Honda did it so if you didnt get the accessories they wouldnt get wet from the ride.

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
imported post

I have a 2010 advanced audio and had no issues finding either connector, but then I was an aircraft electrician for a few years. Wait till you start playing with the wiring under the seat. The OEM manual is a great help with the pictures in the back. My nag to be recently decided to play the harlot and trade me for two twenties. She took my manual I got when we got our wings. I had to buy another manual. I a dealer selling them on EBay for a decent price. When I got it, it was updated and all the errors corrected from the first version. The binder seemed to be improved also. Thank-you for the tip! Buy ashop manual, money well spent.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Wildrat...I think I am just overly cautious with this new bike. I was a depot level tech. in the Navy so am familiar with wire bundles...(F4's no less!!!)

Bigmick...GREAT!!!
You KNOW I gotta have one sooner or later!
I DID see a boot up front with 2, 3 pin connectors in it. One white, one red. I assume at least one is for the little aux. audio plug.

DOES IT EVER END???

HOPE NOT!!!

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
imported post

those are the connectors you will be looking for. A lighter from auto zone works fine and it mounts forward left side of pocket. Also check my thread to enable navigation while riding. It has pictures also and me to explain but if you were on acft you should have No problem' except you will have to find a different spot for the switch since you have factory fog lights now. You will see what I am on about. if you look.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.