Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi Guys & Gals :waving:from Rainy & Cold Germany :congrats:

I bought this Part , License Plate Filler from ADDON ,for my GL1800 2005 (yep a US model) ...... now ive opened the back of my bike, looking for the colours that are on the description ( look at Link ) i know the connection point must be in the Black rubber sealant coverage ........ but where ????:praying::praying::praying::(:(

PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE put me outa my misery ....... anybody with Help or Photos ........... cheers & thanks:stumped::stumped::stumped:

http://www.addonaccessories.net/docs/45-1836%20inst.pdf

JIMI

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

If yours is a European model, I think you have to splice into the existing number plate wires.

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
imported post

The colors described in the instructions apply only to the wiring of the license plate filler. You will have to splice into the correct wires on the bike. Pull a tailight/brake bulb out of a saddle bag and you can check the function of the wires with a multi-meter. Then splice the correct wires from the new piece to the corresponding wires of the bike.
DO NOT use crimp on connectors. Solder the joints and use shrink tubing where you can.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

well i think ive got it right ...... so i´ll give my infomation here now.

Dark Green = Minus / Earthing
Brown/White = Plus from Ignition (on when started)
Green/Red = Brake Plus - only lighted when Brakes are applied

which means Yellow cable to Brown/white
Red Cable for Brake to Brown/White
Black Cable for Earthing to Green

The Brake Lights are found in 2 strips (left & Right )both with only 2 cables
because the joining of the 2 are too far inside the bike i spliced into only the Right side.

Hope this helps the others
Cheers
JIMI

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Dont look bad eh!!! This is Braking Lights on !!

I bought the Add on Led Reflector & added 2 Strips of RED LEDS ..... these appear ONLY when i Brake ....... ( then the road turns red .... LOL )

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.