Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Greetings to all,

I was wondering if any of you guys out there had any experience with thosered turn signal indicating lights that adhere to mirrors.They are on ebay at present. Are they any good? Do they obstruct rear vision?? Comments please.

Regards to you all,

John S

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

They are excellent and NO they dont interfere with rear vision at all ,,To my mind it is money well spent ,,If you have a car coming alongside and he cannot see the rear indicator then these things are bright and very seeable ...SO for safety go get them ....Cheers Ciaran

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
imported post

I am all for making bikes more visible, but if your turning and have a car that close that you need side indicators either your in the wrong lane for turning or waited too long before indicating your turn.

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
imported post

I wouldn't rely on them for making another driver see me better. I always tend to think for the other drivers as well as myself. I installed a good set of blind spot mirrors to help me see if someone was coming up beside me in my blind spot, which the wings have. I want to be able to see that "other driver" at all times. Those mirrors have really made an improvement in reducing the blind spots around the bike.

Now, with that being said. I love lights and have considered getting a set of these too. I think that they look cool. I just don't think that I would want to depend on them to make me more visible. My experience is that most drivers out there pay absolutely no attention to cycle riders no matter how many lights they have on their rides. That is why I like to be able to see them at all times and know what they are doing.

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

I've seen them at the local Autozone store, I thought about getting some to put on my truck, but maybe I'll get a set to put on the bike. I like lights, but I don't think you could put enough lights on a bike for some cage drivers to see you. :baffled:

Gene:waving::11red::11red::11red::cooler:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Too bad it's not legal to put an aircraft strobe on a bike. But then it probably wouldn't help with the idiots who read, phone, and apply make up while driving.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
imported post

I've got an 84 GL1200 and I installed them on mine. I bought them at Autozone. They seem to work o.k. but they aren't that bright sitting at a light at an idle. They require more voltage than I'm putting out. Overall though, I recommend them. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
imported post

Could you guy's tell me what is an Autozone place.

How much did you pay there.Are they cheaper than e-bay.

Dman

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Dman wrote:
Could you guy's tell me what is an Autozone place.

How much did you pay there.Are they cheaper than e-bay.

Dman
Autozone is a chain of auto parts stores that cover much of the US. In my area they sure don't carry much for serious auto repair just common parts and accessories for popular cars.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
imported post

Sorry I didn't look at your location. Just assumed Autozone was around. Any aftermarket parts store should be able to get them. I think I paid $20 for the pair.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.