Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

My 1982 rear brake lever is too low. I compared it to my other GL1100. How do you bring it up?

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

same as you would on your other 1100 . by leighting the master cyliner rod.

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

"by leighting the master cyliner rod"

What is "leighting"? I guess you mean lengthening? But how, exactly?

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Disconnect the clevis from the brake pedal and unscrew it from the push rod to lengthen it. The length of the pushrod determines the 'upstop' of the brake pedal. It won't change the stroke length of the pedal but it will raise the pedal's initial position.

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

on the back side of the brake peadle , where it hooks to the mc rod take it loose and hold the rod an turn the uion nut , to lengthen (yeah i messed that one up ) the rod it doesnt take to much to bring the front up. hope i got that right. just soak it down first with wd-40 , or some thing. oh--you`ll also have to lower the boot to see it all.

:shock:eek:h my god please disregauard the above or at least part of it. seems there is a lock nut on the rod , above the rod eye(BOOKS NAME) rod eye is threaded. so holding the rod eye and turning the rod to lengthen the rod. my bad , sorry.:gunhead:

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

i like pauls go at this.

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
imported post

You do not need to disconnect the clevis from the brake pedal.

You need to look at the clevis:

Just above the clevis, you can see the locknut. Loosen this locknut off a few threads. You can then turn the entire threaded shaft so that it screws in or out of the clevis (looking at the side of it, turn it from left to right to raise the pedal, right to left to lower the pedal). The shaft is not physically connected to the master cylinder piston (it just pushes up against it) so that you can rotate it without twisting the insides of the master cylinder.

Once you've got the pedal at the height you want, tighten the locknet back against the clevis.

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

now thats iinfo. i got to learn picture posting. been showen once but the gray matter just didnt retane it. must be old age creeping up. i am NOT much at this computer.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

wda-83wing wrote:
now thats iinfo. i got to learn picture posting. been showen once but the gray matter just didnt retane it. must be old age creeping up. i am NOT much at this computer.
More computer lessons next week then when I get down there. :D:D:D:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

CAREFULL there baggie. i might hold you to that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.