Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Ok...it's not a real technical question....but how do you adjust the passenger footboards on my "new" 1990SE? I don't have an owners manual (yet) and my vertically challenged better half needs the adjustment.:cool:

Thanks....this is just a start as I am now eagerly learningmy brand new Wing.:action:

·
Premium Member
1,765 Posts
imported post

If it is like the 2000SE there is a lever on the bottom of the right side cubby hole door by the passenger seat. Pull the lever back and the foot boards pop up about three or four inches.

Let us know if this works.

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thank you!

I see a lever....looks like it is missing a plastic knob and it looks like it slides to the inside. It is very tough to move, but when I do get it to move the boards don't. I think they may be in a bind.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
imported post

That's where mine was on my 99 SE. It was kind of stiff when I first tried it but after that it worked much easier. I'm not the first owner and just bought it in November.

·
Premium Member
1,765 Posts
imported post

Snorebaby wrote:
Thank you!

I see a lever....looks like it is missing a plastic knob and it looks like it slides to the inside. It is very tough to move, but when I do get it to move the boards don't. I think they may be in a bind.
That is the right one and you're right, it should have a knob on it. It does move toward the seat.

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

I have those, and they work, but generally suck. The boards have a seperate cable,for each,they joins under the seat.Several adjustments there. The cables get rusty and need a good cleaning/lube.The road grit gets up in the mechanism, and binds up the boards. Also, on mine, there is a passenger push to talk button, and a volume control,( volume control doesn't give much adjustment, which is common). If you need anything by way of a picture out of my manual, let me know! jimsjinx

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

How about just sending me the manual :D

Yeah...gonna take the seat off and check the cables....thanks for the heads up on it. Mine has the same setup as yours for the push to talk and volume control.

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

You're welcome! After I cleaned and lubed everything, they worked, but they stick all the time.They never have dropped while stepping on em though.Sure is a nice bike ya got! It was fun reading all the anticipation during the time you were on the road! Loads of fun! jim

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

So your sending me your manual!!:cheeky1:

Yes it was alot of fun to read when we got back!!!

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

hi doug you need to sit on the bike and push down with both feet to release the pressure for to move the lever

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Oh ok...will try that!!! THANKS!!

DANG.....must be frozen under the seat!!Will work on it this week!

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
imported post

The boards are spring loaded to move up. If they are already up, moving the lever and cable will do nothing. If they are down, the spring force on them make the lever move very hard. That's why pushing down and then moving the lever makes it easier. If they are up, move lever and push down on board, and release lever to lock them in place. If they won't unlatch, then there is a cable or linkage under them binding.

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

They are down....so I am gonna check on the cable tomorrow. Thanks

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
imported post

Snorebaby

The cables on my 1997 1500 SE were Ok but I lubricated them anyway.

The main problem was the floorboard's themselves which had seized up over the years

They work like a scissor jack assisted bya spring. They lock in the up and down positions by a peg locating inslots, the slotsare in a pivoting bar which the lever operates. To get mine to work I had to remove clean and lubricate them. They need to be in the up position to remove them, if you go in from underneath the bike you should be able to see the peg that holds it in the down position. You need to tap this to unlock the floorboard. With this doneyou canopen up the rubber gaiter, you will see two allen head bolts that hold the floorboard in place on the frame.

Hope this helps.

PS I recently purchased the Honda service, repair and electrical repair manual from Cyclemax, I think they get them from Helm inc.

It is expensive ($60 plus postage) but worth it.

Terry

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

Got the boards up!! Took the bottom cover off....lifted the bellows and sprayed wd40. Took a smoke break and talked to the neighbor. Went back and wiggled the lever a couple of good time and WHAM!!! they shot up like a rocket!!:action:

I worked them up and down to lubricate them. Next question is......:shock:......how do they lock in place? The right one is locked in the upright position (which is what I want) but the left one will not lock.

Thanks for all your help so far!!!

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

snorebaby as said you have to sit on the bike to lock or relase them together if you only push one it wont move the other up or down

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

They released together and both are up....the right one is locked into place in the up position, but the left one will not lock in the up position. Is that a cable adjustment? ....I really need an owners manual:cheeky1:

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

its not like them to need ajustment unless some one had them off have you pushed the leaver to the right to make sure its locked

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

Yep.....but will try again when I get home. I won't give up ;)

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

all i can say for now is to keep pushing them up and down together in case the left is still snaged alittle

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.