Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Has anyone bought and used their battery? I went in to buy a gallon of Sea Foam andnoticed their display of motorcycle batteries. Their AGM battery for a 1500 sells for $86.00... It has 300cca. 12 mo. free replacement, and next 12 mo. ammortized. I figure on buying a new battery when spring arrives (no use loosing a couple of months of free warranty). Just curious if anybody's used them.

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
imported post

should do ok...wings dont need much cca except 1100's maybe!!..harleys do!!..should last ok...but for 50 buks more you can get a sealed with no mess and usually up to 5 yrs carefree service

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

This particular battery is a sealed unit, but I'll check for those with 5 yr warranty. Any MAKE suggestions?

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
imported post

check out batteries plus

they have the sealed unit for around $80 with one year war its a sealed unit also

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
imported post

dsmith,

Do you have a part number? Thanks...

Bill

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
imported post

i have been using advanced gel battery for 6 months on my 1500. seems to do well and bike has set for 2 months while is was working on her and it fired right up when do with work. help power.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
imported post

Exide only, the cheap aftermarket batteries tend to leak around the posts and Ive seen cheap batteries which didnt have a correct electrolyte level, leading to discharging over the top of the battery (inside).

Hate to say it, but Wal Mart - Exide. gosh I hate Wal Mart

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

I just checked Battery Mart on their Odyssey PC 680MJ for the 1500 and the price is $138. and the same 12 mo. warranty. I guess I got at least a month to decide.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
imported post

i posted this a while back

so now i can't remember

i will check the part no at advance for the sealed unit

it has a 12 mo warr.

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
imported post

I bought Advance’s Magna Power Extreme AGM battery for about $80.00 (with trade in). The battery fit perfect in my GL1100. I very pleased with its performance. All of the Magna Power batteries are made by EPM (East Penn MFG) which also makes the new Deka AGM. East Penn has been making batteries for 30 years, but just recently introduced the AGM under the name "Deka". Made in the USA.

The Deka AGM battery maybe available at Batterymart.com. The price is 49.95 for the (ETX15)GL1500 and 63.95 for the (ETX18) GL1100 and GL1800.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.