Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a set of 416 progressives. They started leaking after 6 months sent them back they said seals leaking and dampenrs were bad. They are sending me a NEW set no charge. My question is . Any one out there useing yss or wilbur shocks. About 650lb load riders gear and toung weight. Need something that wont bottom out . Was qoted $750 for a set of yss that would have enough spring to do the job and they would not be air shocks. Just looking for ideas.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

Just a quick question. What air pressure where you running on the progressive's.

My stealer/dealer said we could run up to 70# psi on ours and no problems.

Between the wife and me we easly weight in at 550# and don't bottom out.

Ride Safe, Ray

:waving:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

The Progressive 416s should be plenty stiff for your 1200. Progressive has more than one strength of spring for those shocks, as long as your's are going back to the factory it might be worthwhile to make sure you have the strongest ones in your shocks. Spring shocks really don't work out too well with hard bags, it's difficult to get to them to adjust for different loads, that's why Honda put the air shocks on. I use about 20psi solo and 57psi 2 up on my bike with 416s. Never had one bottom out.

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
imported post

I agree with Exavid. I bought my 1200 with a set of progressive conventional spring shocks, and although they are excellent shocks, it is very difficult to adjust the pre-load with the hard bags and chrome goodies in place. I made a pair special adjuster tools, one to adjust up for either side, and switch to adjust down but it is still such a painthat I now have a set of progressive 416's sitting on the bench ready to install.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Hi

I ran 70 psi in mine. I also asked if they could put a heaver spring in they said no. Said all 416 have the same spring they do not do different ones. Said the dampner was bad I wounder if that is why it felt like it was bottoming out do to not rebounding back up. I dont ride a whole lot with out the wife so im would not be worried about ajuting spring only shocks. I might try the NEW 416 whats the worst that could happen. Thanks

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Believe it or not but I've been testing mine with no air pressure 2-up and they haven't bottomed out yet. I did finally put 30 lbs of pressure in them a few days ago so they would be a little stiffer in the twisties.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I'm very surprised that they said they only had one spring for the 416. Somewhile back we even had the part numbers for the three springs that go in to the 416s. I believe one forum member was changing the springs in his set.:baffled:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.