Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I'm wanting to add a pair of driving lamps on my forks, or under my fairing. Hoping you kind folks would show me pics of what your using and how you like them. I have the poorboy Alt conversion, so no worries about the extra amp draw ( shouldnt be a worry, right? ).

Thanx

Jim

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,651 Posts
imported post

Lil Pete, that is a gorgeous looking bike.

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
imported post

AZgl1500 wrote:
You took the words out of my mouth-Absolutly beautiful.A bike to be proud of.

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
imported post

ditto. one of the best i've even seen. 1100 that is.

beautiful bike.

mark z.:waving:

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

If you want them to light up the road further, mount them up high

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
imported post

I used a pair of Wal-Mart lights, and put some K-C HiLites 35 watt H4 bulbs in them, to lessen the load on my electrical system (the GL1100 runs them with no problem).

I mounted them using the nuts around the bottom of the fairing opening, and a couple pieces of welding bar that I bent at a 90-degree angle and spray painted black. They work AMAZINGLY well, and really light up the road.

Apologies for the bugs and dirt:

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
imported post

I have the rectangular one similar to Lil Petes but mine are mounted low on the engine guards. I don't like the way they light up the road because they are slanted in so I was thinking of moving them up to the bottom of the faring.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
imported post

AZgl1500 wrote:
You can say that again, absolutely lovely. I just love the saddle too. What make saddle is it Lil Pete, and is it more comfortable than the stock saddle?

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
imported post

GSMacLean wrote:
I used a pair of Wal-Mart lights, and put some K-C HiLites 35 watt H4 bulbs in them, to lessen the load on my electrical system (the GL1100 runs them with no problem).

I mounted them using the nuts around the bottom of the fairing opening, and a couple pieces of welding bar that I bent at a 90-degree angle and spray painted black. They work AMAZINGLY well, and really light up the road.

Apologies for the bugs and dirt:
:shock:How dare you ride where there arebugs and dirt !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just last night I was with a guy that hadwhat could have been the samelights onhis HD. They worked very well...........the lights I mean, not the bike..:cheeky1:.. Seems to be a good way to go.

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
imported post

Had to fabricate this mount that I got at a swap meet but it got the job done.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.