Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I want to put louder horns on My 85 Aspy With a relay. Having trouble finding the wire from the horn button any one know what colour it is[ they are]?Thanks.

·
Registered
583 Posts
imported post

Hi TJ859

use the wires connected to you exisiting horn for the relay, then take a new supply, for the new horns

welsh winger

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

Thanks welsh winger.

G

·
imported post

How is that for service and welsh winger is not even a "Guru" :jumper:Well done welsh winger.

:coollep: :18red: :coollep:

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

Success!!! welsh winger insataled a pair of bosh mini fanfair horns from 99 dodge ram pickup man are they loud just what I was looking for.Thanks again.

·
Registered
583 Posts
imported post

Glad you sorted it TJ859.

welsh winger

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
imported post

Would you need a relay if you are just connecting the horns to th eexisting horn wires? Surely the existing horn relay will do the job.

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
imported post

The ones I installed had a relay with them and also called for a 30amp fuse. It was a simple job to install it so thats the way I went.

·
Premium Member
3,793 Posts
imported post

Most, if not all of the high out-put after market/auto-motive horns can draw a lot more current than you may want the stock wiring exposed to. A seperate relay and heavier supply wire IS the better way to go... :action: :gunhead: :action:

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
imported post

BigAl definately install a relay, use a fuse holder at the batteryfrom thebattery to the relay You must protect the horn button from what I've been told the 1200s do not have a horn relaysomeone on this site can help you figure out the wiring if you need help.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.