Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Guys,
As a newbie can anyone please advise me of dealers that can supply in the UK without the enourmous price hikes I seem to be finding.

I'm particularly looking for the chrome triple switch housings and covers for the resevoirs on an 1800.

Many thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the best Goldwing Forum!! I can't help with your parts search but we have members who can. :waving::waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

PC-Pete wrote:
Guys,
As a newbie can anyone please advise me of dealers that can supply in the UK without the enourmous price hikes I seem to be finding.

I'm particularly looking for the chrome triple switch housings and covers for the resevoirs on an 1800.

Many thanks.
Welcome to this great site PC-Pete, from a relatively close neighbour.:waving:

I am in the proccess of adding a few extras to my 1500 and it does come as a bit ofa shock as to how much we pay fot bits on this side of the pond.:whip:

I have bought a variaty of extras, some have come from ebay Uk site, and some I have ordered from the US, through specific firms, or from one particular guy who I found via US ebay. What I have found is that, if the items are light weight, then it is cheaper to have them shipped over, especially if you order a few bits. Heavier bits are usually better to buy from UK as the postage is cheeper.

Both items you mentioned are readily available from a couple of sellers on UK ebay, one of whom it turned out, is a member on here.

The guy I use in the US is very reliable and ships pretty quickly, if you PM me with your email address I would be happy to send his online catalogue, which lists 1800 goodies, (he may do more for the 1800 than I have, I am buying for the 1500 of course.)

Probably your nearest Golding shop is HGB in Ruislip, they are worth a visit and very friendly and helpful, they do a catalogue and can be ordered from by email or phone.

Hope this helps

Pete (Yes another one!)

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Guys,
thanks for the very quick replies - it is heartening to know others feel as I do :D

Silverfox, you said "if I PM you with my email address" soryy but what is a PM, and how do I do that? As you can tell I'm a newbie to forums too:D

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Silverfox - ignore my last message - I sorted myself out (about the PM side of things that is)
;)

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Hey PC-Pete :waving:Welcome to the best Goldwing Forum on the net. :clapper:It's much cheaper to buy all your parts in the US, :jumper:it doesn't matter how heavy the box of parts are. :weightlifter:The (s)dealers in the UK have to import most if not all of the parts that they sell. :rollingeyes:They simply change the pricefrom Stg to $$$$.

If a part costs $20 in the states they just change that to £20stg and add on a little more for good luck. :whip: Check these places out for prices and then compare them with your local (s)dealer http://www.wingtoys.com/ :clapper:and

http://www.hondadirectline.com/ :clapper:Good luck with your shopping. :byebye:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

wexman wrote:
kenny wrote..http://www.hondadirectline.com, try also http://www.chromeworld.com.
....Ifyou buy from either of the2 above companies you are going to get hit with import duty and vat ,,So be carefull ,,follow redwings advise and buy from wingtoys in Texas ,Ciaran
See what i mean. :jumper:I only ride a Honda 50 but i still know the best place to buy the bits and pieces. :clapper:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Many thanks - will try Wingtoys in Texas next:D

I had just tried today to post an order with http://www.hondadirectlineusa.com only to be told that as I'm a new International customer they need copies of the front and back of my credit card :shock: a photocopy of my last credit card statement showing my address :shock: :shock: AND a photocopy of my passport showing my picture :shock: :shock: :shock:

Aparantly they have suffered fraud from international buyers - I thought they could just wait before posting the goods until the money has arrived in their account!! I'm afraid that with the information they are asking for it would be so easy for someone to impersonate me by stealing my identity.

Sorry but with this attitude Honda Direct will lose many international customers.

Ok! rant over - I'll check out that Texas store straight away - again many thanks to a lot of friendly people.

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Hey PC-Pete :waving:Have a look at wingtoys site, and then if you wish you can phone Sam at 0017138490422 and deal with him on the phone. :clapper:They are about six hours behind us in time. He opens from Monday to Friday. :clapper:He can post by US Mail, Fedex, etc etc you take your pick. :weightlifter:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Redwing - I have just made my first order (of many, I'm sure) to WingToys and they couldn't have made it any easier. Even did it via PayPal which made life easier for me this end too.

Can't thank you enough for the advice.
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Hey PC-Pete :waving:Your more than welcome. :clapper:I do all the ordering of parts for my neighbours :18red:and i have used most of the US dealers, but Sam at wingtoys in Texasstands out from the rest. :clapper:

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

Redwing,
Additional silly question now - completely off topic but relevant to the forum I think....

How do I put an icon with my name at the LHS like you have with the REDWING? I have an icon I would like to use but am unable to work out where it gets inserted - no comments please !!

:D

PS I too ride a Red Wing

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Hey PC-Pete :waving:This is what you do. :jumper:(1) Go to the top of this page and click on "My Account" :weightlifter:(2) Click on "Avatar" (3) Click on "Browse" (4) Click on whatever object/photo you want to insert then click "Open" :skipping:(5) Then click on "Upload" Thats the job completed. :clapper:Hope this helps.

P.S. There is no such thing on this forum as a silly question. :shakehead:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Redwing wrote:

That is not what you have told me once or twice Boss!!

Pete

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
Redwing wrote:

That is not what you have told me once or twice Boss!!

Pete
:stumped: :baffled: :stumped: :baffled:

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

Many Thanks - All the help and advice has been greatly appreciated - and I'm sure it will be in the future.

:D

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

If you don't think there are any silly questions you haven't been to Deer Whistles!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.