Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

PC-Pete wrote:
Guys,
As a newbie can anyone please advise me of dealers that can supply in the UK without the enourmous price hikes I seem to be finding.

I'm particularly looking for the chrome triple switch housings and covers for the resevoirs on an 1800.

Many thanks.
Welcome to this great site PC-Pete, from a relatively close neighbour.:waving:

I am in the proccess of adding a few extras to my 1500 and it does come as a bit ofa shock as to how much we pay fot bits on this side of the pond.:whip:

I have bought a variaty of extras, some have come from ebay Uk site, and some I have ordered from the US, through specific firms, or from one particular guy who I found via US ebay. What I have found is that, if the items are light weight, then it is cheaper to have them shipped over, especially if you order a few bits. Heavier bits are usually better to buy from UK as the postage is cheeper.

Both items you mentioned are readily available from a couple of sellers on UK ebay, one of whom it turned out, is a member on here.

The guy I use in the US is very reliable and ships pretty quickly, if you PM me with your email address I would be happy to send his online catalogue, which lists 1800 goodies, (he may do more for the 1800 than I have, I am buying for the 1500 of course.)

Probably your nearest Golding shop is HGB in Ruislip, they are worth a visit and very friendly and helpful, they do a catalogue and can be ordered from by email or phone.

Hope this helps

Pete (Yes another one!)

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Redwing wrote:
P.S. There is no such thing on this forum as a silly question. :shakehead:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:
That is not what you have told me once or twice Boss!!

Pete

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.