Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

hey guys looking for an idea to coiunter installing the aftermarket radio directly to a rigid mount or fairing. Does anyone know of a rubber mounting system or any ideas on what to use.

I thought a rigid box (metal/ wood) and slide the aftermarket radio in wrapped in foam rubber.

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

Once again I am alone on my silly conquest.

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
imported post

You are definitely on your own replacing the Type III with aftermarket however the owners of interstates find ways of mounting.
Most of the aftermarket radios are bigger than the stock and stick out further to the front so they use Stereo Radio Bezel
AN-IRC871 http://www.chrometoys.com/38.html
AS far as supporting the rear you might rest it on some rigid foam

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
imported post

i've never had issues, but mine is not cd player...that would be a different problem

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

I am recieving a cd player but it has an auxillary, I will never use the cd because I no longer own any.

I thought that the vibration may cause problems. The stock radio/tape deck was ruber mounted. Hey tinma since it seems you may be the only person who agress with me installing an aftermarket radio , do you have any tips. Did you just eliminate all the acc plugs. I think I should get rid of all except ant, ground, power, acc power and 4 speaker wires. Is this correct????

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
imported post

I had a AM FM CD on my 82 1100 I made by jensen mounted in cycle sound mount. No problems did skip when i hit big bump but a friend has a 08 1800 and his will also skip. The best thing i found was a mp3/ipod setup or sat radio

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
imported post

tricky wrote:
Most of the aftermarket radios are bigger than the stock and stick out further to the front so they use Stereo Radio Bezel
AN-IRC871 http://www.chrometoys.com/38.html
Tricky:

Do you know how much further this Stereo Radio Bezel sticks out from the Cycle Sound mount? Does it give more depth than the standard knob bezel? In other words, if a guy simply cut his existing knob style bezel to allow the installation of the DIN CD/Radio, would he end up with the same thing as this Stereo Radio Bezel?

Marty

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Radio is in. Just need to add some finishing touches and add my fm modulator.

Will post pics next week when it is complete

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.