Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

If you have mounted an aftermarket stereo on your GL1200, can you post pics and brands. Thanks. I am thinking of upgrading. my radio and intercom system work great but the cassette deck does not. Also, reception is not great. thanks for the input

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
imported post

If your system is still working good I would look into a MP3 or satellite radio and a FM transmitter for more sound options. My Interstate didn't come with any radio or intercom but someone had installed a car radio in the dash. The radio rubbed the handlebars a wee bit and I didn't like that. Iinstalled a Marine radio with a small hard wired remote. You can stick the radio in a saddlebag or trunk out of the weather(Mine is in the right saddle bag)and the remote is a sealed piece and small enough to mount just about anywhere including the handlebars with a homemade bracket.I use a cable that plugs into my MP3 Player then into the (RCA) Auxiliary input I like the built in weather radio.The model I have has been discontinued but this will give you a idea....

• Details: Jensen MCC8526 200 Watts Cassette/AM/FM Radio/Weatherband/CD Changer Controller Marine Stereo

Water resistant with slide down, detachable face for security. Cassette features full logic operation, auto reverse, auto metal tape equalization, auto music select, standby (tape pause) and key-off pinch roller release. Remote compatible.
    Seven frequency weatherband tuner
    30 station presets (20FM/10AM)
    Auto station store
    Preset scan
    One touch memory
    Auto-stereo/mono
    Auto local/distance
    Seek/scan
    US/European frequency spacing
    Stereo Electronic volume, bass, treble, balance, fader Programmable turn-on volume
    Multi-button power ON
    Keyless cassette eject
    RCA pre-amp output
    Selectable Display priority
    Auxiliary input (RCA) for satellite radio,MP3, CD
    Clock
    Loudness
    Mute
    Positive LCD display (black on white)

• Details: Jensen MWR21 Remote
    This waterproof, completely sealed, self-standing unit controls every function on the head unit. It can be mounted anywhere, even on the decks that are subject to heavy spray. Backlit, utilizing power from boat. Waterfall display. Clock. 16" mini DIN connector with 20 foot extension cable. Flush mount or guage-style mount fits standard 2" gauge-style ports. Optional Y-Cable allows use of up to four units
    4.5" W x 1.7" H x .8" D
  • There are newer fancier models now but this one will do more than I will ever need

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.