Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have avoided night riding, and mostly because of the poor lighting on my 1200I. I have a Sylvania Silver Star Ultra lamp installed, running off a relayand although it is bright enough, the optics of the lens and reflector make for a very narrow light band vertically so rises and dips in the road are not really lit.

I have a 55 ampexternal alternator installed so power is not an issueso I would like to add a couple of top notch road lamps.

I have seen some very compact lamps by PIAA and was wondering if anyone had any opinions on these or other lamps.

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
imported post

I have a set of PIAA's on my 1500. They light up very well right in front of the bike, but not far down the road. Definitly better than other lights I've tried. They are also well seen during the day.

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
imported post

Very cool dwsonar. I see you are a member of that other forum as well. Would you mind asking VTXCandyRed what LED lights those are and where he found them, please?

Thank you!

·
Bruce County Boy/Snowbird
1,707 Posts
imported post

HyperPete wrote:
Very cool dwsonar. I see you are a member of that other forum as well. Would you mind asking VTXCandyRed what LED lights those are and where he found them, please?

Thank you!
I am interested also..I have lights from Cyclemax but the chrome has worn off one cap and he only sells the light complete for just under 50 Bucks for 1 light...LOL :watching:

http://www.cyclemax.com/inc/sdetail/83/4850

I may as well locate a decent set and replace both of these ones.

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
imported post

HyperPete wrote:

Thank you!
Pete got in touch with me. The lights I have came from vtxfrog and I don't know if he can still get them. He was on the NAGF board. http://www.northamericangoldwings.com/

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
imported post

vtxcandyred wrote:

Pete got in touch with me. The lights I have came from vtxfrog and I don't know if he can still get them. He was on the NAGF board. http://www.northamericangoldwings.com/
Thank you for the reply. I think I would be interested in a pair if he can, or if he can point me toward a source. In the meantime I'll keep searching for the right solution for me.
Thank you my friend!

EDIT:
Just wondering, are they anything like these?

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
imported post

HyperPete wrote:
vtxcandyred wrote:

Thank you for the reply. I think I would be interested in a pair if he can, or if he can point me toward a source. In the meantime I'll keep searching for the right solution for me.
Thank you my friend!

EDIT:
Just wondering, are they anything like these?
Exactly the same.

·
Premium Member
3,722 Posts
imported post

Here's a close up in daylight, the little black shield seems to have fallen off the inner halogen bulb, but it's a sealed beam .... so it just lays there.

:?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
imported post

Heres what mine look like.

·
Pwhoever
3,182 Posts
imported post

I kind of remember the thread over on NAGF. Wasn't there an issue with those lights leaking a bit and needing additional sealing? But once sealed properly, they were supposed to be pretty decent....

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
imported post

pwhoever wrote:
I kind of remember the thread over on NAGF. Wasn't there an issue with those lights leaking a bit and needing additional sealing? But once sealed properly, they were supposed to be pretty decent....
Boy, if there was I never read it. They certainly have caused me no concern and they have been WET!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
imported post

pwhoever wrote:
I must be confusing it with something else then. It's rough getting old.....
Tell me ALL about it!!!!!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.