Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Took the wing in for a complete service since really didn't know the history.

Timing belt changes, fluids, filters, oils, etc.

Problem:

Found one of the front forks leaking oil so tech rebuilt

Left front brake thin so replaced.

After service problem:

Now it feels like I am riding on a very old wash board. Anyone have a clue as to what could be a problem?

Have checked pressure in tires and running 33 front and 44 rear.

Also I now noticed that at slow speeds the temp is going up little past middle, could have been doing this before but not sure.

Thanks for help!

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,758 Posts
imported post

They only replaced one seal?

Anyway, if the bike is riding differently, it may be due to the fact that the forks will now hold air. How much pressure did the shop pump into them?

33 pounds may not be enough air in the front tire.

Fork oil usually only affects rebound, but if it's way too heavy, it may also affect the ride.

·
Premium Member
1,851 Posts
imported post

Can`t believe the mechanic took the time to replace only one fork seal. Probabaly have different levels of fork oil in each leg, with worn out fork bushings. Might even have bad/loose steering head bearings.
Tom Bishop
`98 S.E.

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

33 PSI is what it calls for.

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

When I got the bike back there was 0 pressure on the front and the tire had 37 which rode really bad, so I lowered it to 33 and put in 2 pounds on each side. I will have them check the fork oil again.

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

When I got the bike back there was 0 pressure on the front and the tire had 37 which rode really bad, so I lowered it to 33 and put in 2 pounds on each side. I will have them check the fork oil again.

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,758 Posts
imported post

Another possibility is the shop got the forks misaligned so badly that they are binding up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.