Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I would like to fit a cb radio to my 97 1500se(uk spec). Can anyone recomenda set that will fit into the same space as the Hondaline one without the same cost?Or onethat fits into the glove box in the fairing ? What else do I need? I am told that I need an interface, what is an interface? My knowlege of cb's is very small. Do I need an AM set? Any advice would be welcome, many thanks, Rich.

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
imported post

The only CB that fits into the space for the Honda one is the Honda one itself. No otehr CB that I know of is that odd shape. If you are living in the UK (guessing by your handle) then you could give Stuart a call (his contact info is on the links page of this site) as his setup (FM/AM etc CB), interface and so on is about half the cost of the Honda unit and will fit in the left glove box or upright in the trunk. The interface allows the CB to work thru the bikes intercom system.
The Honda CBs are FM only.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Hi sheffieldwinger ,and welcome to the board:clapper: ,if you have a tech question ,usually you will find it has already been answered back along this board somewhere ,,your question today is on page 2 of this forum ,here is the info to save you going back .:walker:.Goldwing CB Radio Interface. Stuart Hall, from the UK makes CB radio interfaces for Goldwings. He can supply the interface, ptt switch and the mounting pods for the CB. His prices are very good. No web site but Stuart can be contacted at 01803 552792.
Also if you go on the the main site under section ..."worth a look " you will find plenty of links to all goldwings sites ,,or near enough ...enjoy the forum ...Ciaran:waving:
:waving::18red:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.