Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Is anyone running with other than a stock exhaust? If so, what? Also looked at Cobra. Not looking for something much louder, just a little rumble

Thanks

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,651 Posts
imported post

You will find a lot of threads using the Harley sportster exhaust.

Give a try at searching for the two words: harley exhaust, or may HD exhaust, or maybe use the word muffler(s) in those two variations of the word muffler.

That's one arena I have never bothered to bookmark, so can't help you on it. I do know it has been done over and over and .....

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

I know what you are trying to say. The sound you would like. Just do not think you can get a mellow rumble out of a Wing. Even the straight pipes on a Valk really do not rumble, it is just different.

These are most likely the loudest of aftermarket exhaust for the 1800, but have a drone at speed that is fairly loud.

GL1800 King Snake Mufflers FREE SHIPPING - Honda Goldwing Parts and Accessories

The harley pipe application on an 1800 to me , kinda sounds like a mouse farting in a tin can. :D Kit

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Kit Carson wrote:
I know what you are trying to say. The sound you would like.
The harley pipe application on an 1800 to me , kinda sounds like a mouse farting in a tin can. :D Kit
[align=center]
:cheeky1::cheeky1:[shadow=lime]Lord !!![/shadow] :cheeky1::cheeky1:[/align]

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks for the reply Kit. I went to the site and looked around. Now it's decision time and I will think long and hard about it. Dont want to change and not like it. I tried to listen to the Mp3 audio file but it didnt work. Wanna get this and some other things done before my next trip to Nova Scotia

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

pauljay wrote:
I have never heard a mouse do that
[align=center]
:D :D :D :D[/align]
[align=center]Heypauljay :shock:that is not the way to introduce yourself to the forum members :coollep:[/align]
[align=center][shadow=darkred]You Are Very Welcome To The Worlds Greatest Goldwing Forum.[/shadow] :clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:[/align]
[align=center][/align]

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
imported post

At Daytona Bike Week around 1996-98 there was a vendor there selling custom made mufflers for GW 1500 that really sounded good. I bought a set and they installed them on the spot. They sound great and look like new today.

The sound is a nice rumble tone that can be heard with no tin can type sound at all.

Have never seen these mufflers available since that one year. I am thinking they were called or branded as "Mustang" but am not sure. Can't remember that far back.

Dave
Central Florida, USA

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

The Cobras have a lovely tone out of them ,Nice low growl and not annoying at speed ..Ciaran

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
imported post

You should look at a set of Harly Road King mufflers. They look much like the stock mufflers. There are other models of mufflers off Harley's bigger bikes that would work as well I just don't know the different models.

I've had both the Sporster & Road King on my 77 and prefer the Road King's sound & looks. They fit the wing better for my purposes.

If you are handy & like to tinker, for not a lot of money you can give these a try. They are a well made muffler & look good.

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

I have an FLHTC, 1988 vintage & it has very quiet mufflers. engine size is 1340 cc & its a fully bagged touring bike. I have seen them as cheap as $50 around here because most Harley guy's want louder bikes so they start dumping money into stuff like that.

I can send you pic's over e mail if you like.

I will try & post a pic in the photo gallery now.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
imported post

Just read your inquiry about after market exhausts. I installed the King Snake muffler from Wingstuff.com. I also bought the Torqmaster exhaust loops as well. The "loops"replace the catalitic converter so this may or may not be desirable for you depending on your locales laws etc. However in British Columbia Canada we do not have any mandatory inspections for bikes so I took the chance.

When I installed the pipes I was impressed,that sound was what I wanted, a little more sound without the ignorant Harley blast. My fuel mileage dropped but the briliiance of the 'wing cam through. The bikes electronics took about 2 weeks to figure out the change in the exhaust etc....bottom line was regular mileage returned.

So go ahead, buy the exhaust you will be glad you did.

Feel free to email me if you have any questions

[email protected]

Dave

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.