Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,446 Posts
I have used these on GL1200 and GL1500 shocks:

Monroe Shock-Mate Boot Kit SA1997

You have to trim them to length, and when fitting on the 1500 you need to trim the bottom to clear the mount bolt.

Please note that I found this interchange info elsewhere on this site, and have used a few of them, but I thought it would be good to have on the main list.

Bill

·
Registered
1 Posts
CCsailor and all others who have contributed to this link: THANK YOU! I'm a new member of the site, but an old Wing owner. Poking on the site for general info (restoring my second 82 Aspencade), I found this thread and figure you have saved me dozens of hours and hundreds of dollars (and maybe a few cuss words to boot.) My thanks to all....
-- singlewinger60

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Just for reference,upper and lower rad hoses are the same on Gl1000/1100/1200.
So,you can use the NAPA #7733 to make both upper,and lower hoses.

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
This is a great thread and have been through it many times, but I missed the detail (if here) about what brake pads are thicker between the FA69, FA69/2, and FA69/3. Can anyone provide that info?

Thanks,
Bill
Sorry it took so long, but you can download the EBC catalog online. Contains all the specs in the back. The FA69 is 10mm thick, the FA69/2 is 9mm thick, the FA69/3 is 11.3mm thick.

Other dimension is 90 x 49mm.

·
Registered
114 Posts
GL1200 compatible fuel pump from a 1985 Honda Prelude gave me an idea. The thermostat and radiator cap from the same car also fit the GL1200. Upper and lower radiator hoses can be cut from the upper radiator hose for a 1997 Ford Aspire.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts